Payroll CoordinatorLocation Phoenix, Arizona ID 2020-1948 Apply Now
Our Human Resources team defies all conventional expectations and is a business-connected solutions provider. The work we do directly aligns with the company’s core areas of focus, and we ensure that associates and leaders are ready to support those strategic objectives. Our HR team is comprised of different departments, including Talent Acquisition, HR business partners, Learning & Development, Compensation & Benefits, and Shared Services. We enable meaningful careers for all and build our AWEsome Associate Workplace Experience!
About the Job:
This position serves as an escalation point for Tier two support for payroll related transactions, questions, and issues. Responsible to resolve and respond to inquiries within defined departmental SLA.
There are no supervisory responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This position is responsible for performing the following activities:
- Process payroll related tasks including the maintenance of employee master data and general payroll deductions
- Create and execute audit queries in the time and attendance system including edits to timekeeping records
- Execute and maintain policies and practices for overpayment of wages including payroll deduction authorization documents and state minimum wage
- Update and maintain employee level data in both HCM and Kronos for Workers Compensation and Light duty programs
- Serve as a liason between the Payroll and Legal departments to create and execute comprehensive hours and earnings reports in HCM and detailed punch data in Kronos
- Maintain knowledge of functional area and company policies and procedures
- Participation in projects and testing as assigned
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
One year certificate from college or technical school; or 1 – 3 years of related experience working in a Payroll Department or equipvalent combination of education and experience.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Applies intermediate skills to the position within particular field of specialization. Knows and applies fundamental concepts, practices and procedures. Performs work that is standardized and routine but may at times be somewhat complex in nature. Usually reports to a Lead/Supervisor or above.
- SAP HCM/Payroll system knowledge to complete various transactional requests
- Kronos system knowledge of timekeeping and reporting including state specific regulations for meal breaks and overtime rules
- Proficient with Microsoft Outlook and Office (Word, Excel, Power Point) as well as Adobe Acrobat and other commonly used applications
- Solid analytical and mathematical skills
- Ability to apply rigor in understanding downstream impacts and co-dependencies of HCM workflow
- Solid verbal and written communications skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to effectively multi-task and prioritize workload
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality, work ethic and professional behavior
- Ability to adapt to a flexible work schedule
- Strong attention to detail
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
PHYSICAL DEMANDS and WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment are characteristic of those found in a typical business office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
About the Culture:
Our home office offers outstanding amenities in a fun and rewarding workplace including:
- Pet friendly environment, bring your pets to work!
- A work-life balance and family events such as movie nights, art events and holiday festivals
- “Top Dog” gym with equipment, fitness classes, massage therapists and personal trainers
- “Sit & Stay” Café serving fresh breakfast and lunch options
- Starbucks cart—productivity at its finest!
- “Lil’ Paws” learning center and onsite daycare facility
- Volunteer events with PetSmart Charities