Packaging Designer - PetSmartLocation Phoenix, Arizona ID PD-18-6407 Apply Now
Package Designer - PetSmart
Reporting to the Art Director of Proprietary Brand Packaging, the Package Designer provides creative thinking and execution on a wide variety of packaging project types and at various stages in the design development process. Working closely with the members of the Proprietary brand creative team, this candidate will create and cultivate ideas that are appropriate to brand strategies, target consumer trends and project objectives. This role requires enthusiasm, fresh thinking and a unique perspective.
Please include your Portfolio, along with your Resume, to be considered when applying for this exciting opportunity!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Contribute to all phases of a packing project, from initial exploratory through execution as needed.
- Create and cultivate ideas that are on-strategy and meet the design objectives outlined in the creative brief.
- Is able to articulate design strategies to creative cross-functional team including: Photographers, Copywriters, Production Artists, and other cross-functional partners.
- Must have a problem-solving mindset and fosters a positive team attitude.
- Develop your eye for creating and judging great creative that is compelling and on-strategy.
- Balance creative aesthetic and production considerations.
- Demonstrate solid understanding of production techniques including organized file build and an understanding of the separation and printing process.
- Understand and comply with established packaging budgets and cost saving initiatives.
- Must have an understanding of the package design development process from concept through to execution.
- Attention to detail is a must as well as having the ability to develop organized production ready design files. May be required to develop production artwork when needed.
- Be accountable for timelines and quality of work.
- Ability to provide art direction to illustrators, photographers and other creative talent. Ability to facilitate photo shoots.
- Present packaging project concepts/direction to direct team, Creative leaders and Brand Managers.
- Ensures that all proprietary brand packaging conforms to U.S. and Canadian packaging regulations.
- Ability to develop and conform to internal brand standards and guidelines that will strengthen brands, and ensure brand consistency.
- Flexibility to take on unexpected challenges and opportunities in an effort to grow and learn.
- Ability to react quickly, act with a sense of urgency to meet the needs of the fast paced retail industry.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- 4-year degree in graphic design or related field.
- 2+ years direct experience with package design.
This position has very minor responsibility to the packaging budget.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office and expert level in Adobe Creative Suite.