We're growing at a faster pace than we ever have before, investing heavily in cutting-edge technology and, more importantly, our people. Our PetSmart IT team isn't just its own department; they are valued business partners to every area of our company. At every level, our IT associates are empowered to come up with the innovative ideas that have strategic impacts on the business. You'll take pride in the work that you do and the "why" behind it all - for the love of pets.
Life at PetSmart: Meet Mike!
Life at PetSmart: Phoenix
Life at Petsmart: My 3 words
EIM Engineer (MicroStrategy)
How this role will make an impact:
Data is critical to the success of any retail organization, and at PetSmart, it is the lifeblood that drives value by providing the information to make strategic business decisions and process improvements.
As a MicroStrategy Engineer within Enterprise Information Management (EIM), you will be responsible for collaborating with the various PetSmart business areas to design and build sustainable solutions to meet business needs and add significant business value. You will execute the build, test, and deployment of the solution to ensure it meets design specification and ultimately the business requirements.
PetSmart needs you to drive our company success by providing accurate and reliable business intelligence that will help us to bring our pet parents closer to their pets so they can live a more fulfilled life, to be the trusted partner to pet parents, being a high customer-focused retailer.
Your goals and responsibilities will include:
- Interact with Information Architecture, Lead Engineers and business area teams to build detailed technical design documents, to meet business needs for complex projects, considering capabilities, risks, and system dependencies.
- Executes the build, test and deployment of full lifecycle Reporting and Analytic solutions.
- Champion efforts to ensure appropriate development best practices and assist with strategy and roadmap development.
- Work on multiple concurrent projects, meet business expectations, influence outcomes and maintain stated timelines.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- BS Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, MIS or other technical disciplines.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience of BI tools, specifically MicroStrategy.
- Demonstrated experience in SQL scripting (Netezza, SQL Server and Oracle preferred).
- Understanding of business intelligence, data warehousing, data modeling, architectures, and terminology.
- Ability to develop successful relationships with external and internal partners.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving, multi-tasking, troubleshooting skills with a high degree of flexibility.
- Experience in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) / Agile development.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to understand key business processes and related issues.
- Eager to learn new BI technologies.
- Strong self-leadership and the ability to work independently and manage conflict.
- Preferred experience with Big Data technologies.
About our IT team:
We’re growing at a faster pace than we ever have before, investing heavily in cutting-edge technology and, more importantly, our people.Our PetSmart IT team isn’t just its own department, they have valued business partners to every area of our company. At every level, our IT associates are empowered to come up with innovative ideas that have strategic impacts on the business. You’ll take pride in the work that you do and the “why” behind it all—for the love of pets.
Why you’ll love it here:
Our home office offers outstanding amenities in a fun and rewarding workplace including:
- Pet-friendly environment, bring your pets to work!
- A work-life balance and family events such as movie nights, art events and holiday festivals
- “Top Dog” gym with equipment, fitness classes, massage therapists and personal trainers
- “Sit & Stay” Café serving fresh breakfast and lunch options
- Starbucks cart—productivity at its finest!
- “Lil’ Paws” learning center and onsite childcare facility
- Volunteer events with PetSmart Charities
Pets keep us young and engaged in so many ways. So helping pet parents get what they need for their pets in the digital age is why I love my job. Even when work gets crazy, everywhere you look, there is a dog or cat who's ready to play. It's the perfect stress relief.Marc
Senior QA Analyst
WHY WORK WITH US?
We are the largest pet specialty retailer with no plans to slow down. We enjoy being top dog and we are constantly evolving with our customers. Oh, and we have puppies and kittens and fish and turtles and hamsters — whichever pet makes you smile, you’ll see them here at our home office!
WHY PETSMART IT?
Technology is ever-changing and our teams need to be able to grow and change just as quickly. That’s why we’ve created a Continuous Associate Transformation (CAT!) Program specifically for the IT team. Whether you want to grow your career by learning new skills or gain leadership experience, PetSmart provides an engaging environment and an actionable plan to support your growth.
We’re growing at a faster pace than ever before. We are building, automating, simplifying, and innovating technology that impacts millions of pets and pet parents. The best part? We don’t have to wait months or years to see changes. We are implementing change RIGHT NOW and it motivates us to keep going.
Seriously, why not? We can’t think of a reason why you wouldn’t love it here. What are you waiting for?!
Benefits / Perks
Medical, Dental, Vision
Performance Bonus, 401k Match, Deferred Compensation
Paid Time off:
Tuition Reimbursement, Professional Development, Online Learning
Dog Park, Fitness Center, Cafe
Onsite Childcare, Wellness Programs, Adoption Assistance
Financial Planning, Legal Assistance, Disaster Relief
Associate Discount, Relocation Assistance, Family Events
We value the diversity in knowledge, experience, and education that our candidates bring to PetSmart. However, those aren’t the only things that make our teams successful. Take a look at just a few of the traits we look for when hiring new associates.