Merchandising CoordinatorLocation Phoenix, Arizona ID 2019-1559 Apply Now
It's no surprise people are passionate about the health and happiness of their pet and our Merchandising (buying) team is no different. When it comes to the products and solutions in our stores, our incredible teams of merchandising associates have everything covered – from head to tail! From keeping up with the top trends to developing new, innovative solutions, our buyers help ensure every pet parent can find exactly what their pet needs at PetSmart. Join our team and show your love for pets by creating products as special as pets themselves!
About the Job:
In partnership with our vendors, merchandisers, planners and marketing, the merchandise coordinator will manage the day-to-day maintenance of our item/skus. These responsibilities include everything from introducing the products to managing the promotions.
- Gather and populate information for new vendor set up
- Liaison between cross-functional partners and buyers
- Sample management
- Vendor funding monitoring, payback management
- Responsible for executing needed details into the promotional management system (EMS/AMS), inclusive of collecting, organizing/filing, entering, and changing and auditing promotions as needed
- Managing category release uploads/change forms
- Occasional customer service issues or store questions
- Submitting communication to stores (CASE messages)
- Misc vendor related issues, concerns or questions
Education / Experience
- Requires knowledge obtained through Associate's degree or Bachelors Degree
- Proficiency typically obtained with 2+ years experience in a Buyer support, merchandising, or data entry role
- Requires good analytical process skills and high level of accountability to ensure accuracy of data
- Candidate must have proven team building skills to initiate positive relationships with other departments and outside vendors
- Listens attentively and responds in a sensitive and appropriate manner, treating all with respect and dignity
- Requires professional written and verbal communication skills to effectively communicate information to all levels of leadership
- Requires strong organization and accurate data entry skills
- Must be able to work in fast paced environment where priorities can change quickly
About the Culture:
Our home office offers outstanding amenities in a fun and rewarding workplace including:
- Pet friendly environment, bring your pets to work!
- A work-life balance and family events such as movie nights, art events and holiday festivals
- “Top Dog” gym with equipment, fitness classes, massage therapists and personal trainers
- “Sit & Stay” Café serving fresh breakfast and lunch options
- Starbucks cart—productivity at its finest!
- “Lil’ Paws” learning center and onsite daycare facility
- Volunteer events with PetSmart Charities