Merchandise Fulfillment Inventory Analyst TraineeLocation Phoenix, Arizona ID 2019-1621 Apply Now
It's no surprise people are passionate about the health and happiness of their pet and our Merchandising (buying) team is no different. When it comes to the products and solutions in our stores, our incredible teams of merchandising associates have everything covered – from head to tail! From keeping up with the top trends to developing new, innovative solutions, our merchandising team helps ensure every pet parent can find exactly what their pet needs at PetSmart.
About the Job:
As a Merchandise Fulfillment Inventory Analyst you will partner with vendors, merchandising, store operations, supply chain and Inventory Planning to manage:
- Store In Stocks and Fill Rate
- PO On time and Fill Rate
- Inventory, turns, DOS
- Sales and Margin
- Implement best practices to support PetSmart growth
This trainee position is responsible for following the Replenishment and Planning P&Ps that support positive growth in sales/ margin, and drive cost reductions. This includes identifying and communicating opportunities for improvement on your desk to your manager and working with your peers and business partners to enable a strong cross functional team all to prepare you for success once the trainee phase is complete.
This trainee position is responsible for following the overall strategy for assigned categories. This position will work to develop a solid knowledge of replenishment practices, alignment with merchandising strategies and analytical skill sets to ensure that the right product is at the right stores at the right time. This position is responsible for implementing the business strategies and processes for the assigned replenishment area.
- Achieves Sales, Margin, and Inventory Turnover and other KPIs as designated to plan
- Develop overall division strategy vision, policies, resources, and execution plans to align to the corporate strategy
- Supports the leadership team in the seasonal, annual, and long-range strategic and financial planning across a wide array of vendor (direct and external), customer, and merchandising segments
- Use consumer insights and data combined with a structured test and learn approach to maximize growth opportunities
- Executes and measure performance against the business planning and product creation calendars to drive timely and informed decision making
- Supports the VP & Director to present within various strategic meetings for the division (i.e. Direction Setting, Marketing Execution meetings, Line Reviews, Open-To-Buy, Vendor, QBR, and other meetings)
- Owns the end-to-end management of demand planning and allocation optimization, including in-stock and service levels for funded items and promotional product; set targets and achieves plans for inventory and space productivity required to support the sales, gross margin and in-stock plans, maintain high levels of promotional product availability during promotional periods while minimizing ad residue, and optimizing end-caps, drive aisle, and in-line story telling and integration consistent with consumer shopping patterns.
- Responsible for managing store inventory to support Merchandise Plan objectives.
- Executes department and sku level planning to drive unique store and merchandise assortments, including localization, that allows for sharp transition between selling periods
- Execution the outputs of the team strategies and of demand planning, including information sharing and problem solving with vendors around purchase orders, capacities, forecasting, and network inventory flow and optimization.
- Actively create and lead special projects that drive growth opportunities
- Execute division and category marketing plans in partnership with the Marketing Dept
- Build and submit division and category promotional plans including: Ads, Planner Locations, Promotional Offers, and Layouts, Develops the holistic understanding of category, consumer, and competitive dynamics; translates them into division portfolio plans that optimize revenue, margin, pricing and product cost
- Integrate processes and systems to optimize accuracy, efficiency, inventory productivity, space utilization, and margin optimization.
- Responds timely and with a sense of accountability to questions from the stores and management regarding product level availability
- Works with space planning team members to refine the space plan building process by considering inventory level requirements
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Graduating December 2019 or May 2020 with a Bachelor’s degree required, preferably with a Retail/Supply Chain focus.
About the Culture:
Our home office offers outstanding amenities in a fun and rewarding workplace including:
- Pet friendly environment, bring your pets to work!
- A work-life balance and family events such as movie nights, art events and holiday festivals
- “Top Dog” gym with equipment, fitness classes, massage therapists and personal trainers
- “Sit & Stay” Café serving fresh breakfast and lunch options
- Starbucks cart—productivity at its finest!
- “Lil’ Paws” learning center and onsite daycare facility
- Volunteer events with PetSmart Charities