Merchandise Financial PlannerLocation Phoenix, Arizona ID MP-19-6714 Apply Now
How this role will make an impact:
- As a Merchandise Financial Planner you will be responsible for the development of accurate annual and seasonal financial plans (sales, margin, inventory and turn) that support the merchandise strategy and financial objectives.
Your goals and responsibilities will include:
- Create and revise all components of a rolling merchandise forecast (sales, margin, receipts, inventory and turn)
- Make both collaborative and independent day-to-day decisions which affect gross margin dollars
- Partner with the Buyer and Assortment Team to influence the assortment and promotional plans
- Analyze and anticipate selling patterns to influence the allocation and replenishment strategy
- Provide thought leadership, analysis and insights into trends and recommendations for actions to maximize sales, margin and inventory productivity both on a daily basis and via periodic small and large scale presentations.
- This position is responsible for following the Merchandise Planning P&Ps that supports delivering the merchandise plan objectives including growth in sales and margin, and driving cost reductions and inventory productivity gains. This includes identifying and communicating opportunities for improvement in your categories of responsibility to your manager and working with your peers and business partners to enable a strong cross functional team.
- This position is responsible for influencing the overall merchandise strategy for assigned categories.
- Achieves Sales, Margin, and Inventory Turnover and other KPIs as designated to plan
- Develop yearly/seasonal/weekly category merchandise financial plans (sales, margin, inventory and turn) in accordance with company goals, historical performance and trend analysis. Present strategies to Senior Management.
- Analyze and reforecast the business and recommend/implement strategies to maximize opportunities and minimize risk.
- Support the leadership team in the seasonal, annual, and long-range strategic and financial planning across a wide array of vendor (direct and external), customer, and merchandising segments. Influences inventory levels and allocation strategies to stay in line with the turn and inventory plan.
- Lead, execute and measure performance against the business planning and product creation calendars to drive timely and informed decision making
- Own the end-to-end management of merchandise and financial planning, including the optimization of inventory investments across life cycle pricing, in-stock and service levels, and seasonal transitions
- Set targets and achieves plans for good/better/best pricing proportions, inventory and space productivity required to support the sales and gross margin plans
- Maintain high levels of promotional product availability during promotional periods while minimizing aging and discontinued inventory levels.
- Develop key, new and one-time buy items plans and then partner with Merchandise Buyers and Allocation Teams to adjust inventory levels where appropriate in season.
- Conduct detailed post-season or post-event analysis, leveraging customer data when appropriate, and present insights and recommendations to leadership team.
- Actively create and lead special projects that drive growth opportunities
- Work with space and assortment planning team members to influence the assortment planning process based on insights, analysis and strategic direction
- Use consumer insights and data combined with a structured test and learn approach to maximize growth opportunities
- Support the VP & Director to present within various strategic meetings for the division (i.e. Direction Setting, Marketing Execution meetings, Line Reviews, Open-To-Buy, Vendor, QBR, and other meetings)
- Integrate all processes and systems to fully optimize accuracy, efficiency, inventory productivity, and financial productivity.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably with a business focus.
- 3+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- JDA Enterprise Planning (or equivalent) experience preferred
- Demonstrate ability to develop analytical and problem solving skills (i.e. critical and evaluative thinking) required.
- Ability to influence decisions by creating a strong case for action, using analytical findings
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
Why you’ll love it here:
Our home office offers outstanding amenities in a fun and rewarding workplace including:
- Pet friendly environment, bring your pets to work!
- A work-life balance and family events such as movie nights, art events and holiday festivals
- “Top Dog” gym with equipment, fitness classes, massage therapists and personal trainers
- “Sit & Stay” Café serving fresh breakfast and lunch options
- Starbucks cart—productivity at its finest!
- “Lil’ Paws” learning center and onsite daycare facility
- Volunteer events with PetSmart Charities
If you are havingdifficulty with the "Upload Resume" button please use the "Copy and Paste" method to share your resume. Thank you.