Manager, Product Quality - HardgoodsLocation Phoenix, Arizona ID 2019-1715 Apply Now
Our Product Development group focuses on delivering customer-centric innovations that are available only at PetSmart. This allows us to create products and solutions that our pet parents are asking for that they can’t find anywhere else. This team partners with Merchandising, Brand Management, Product Design & Integrity, and Global Sourcing to bring the product from vision to reality.
About the Job:
We are the Product Integrity Department. We manage the global quality standards, processes and metrics that ensure a positive pet parent experience with the performance of our product. We work cross-functionally across the entire product development team to ensure our products meet our quality and compliance standards. We educate and elevate our supply chain.
- Research, track and analyze product trends to ensure consistency in specs for Hardgoods and Specialty product categories.
- Identify, interpret, and disseminate data obtained through internal and external sources, telling the story of how we educate and elevate our supply chain
- Develop associates to become emerging talents
- Develop measurement of effectiveness of construction standards
- Develop and maintain defect classification lists by product category
Day to Day:
- Manages Product Quality Engineers support Hardgoods and Specialty; provides guidance and solutions
- Develop a comprehensive technical product assessment program that meets our company value “do the right thing”
- Create guidelines and insure timely implementation of 3rd party inspections on all products
- Manage the CAP resolution for factory quality process audits
- Manage the third-party service provider relationship for factory quality process audits, inspections and testing.
- Partner cross functionally with sourcing, product development and merchants to deliver the right product on time
- Analyze trends in supplier performance and provide corrective action and scorecards
- Analyze inspections pass and failures and minimize risk areas
- Assist Customer Service and Legal in the investigation and management of liability claims
- Internal and external communicator
- A proven leader with self-confidence and a solid track record of accomplishment in a fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated, passionate, empathetic, approachable
- Excel in communication, project management, and analysis with a love of facts
- Cross-functional team leader empowered to influence
- Ability to multitask and prioritize with a sense of urgency
- 5-7 years’ experience in product quality
- Degree in Textile Chemistry/Engineering preferred
- Strong knowledge of statistical process controls required
- Key project management and reporting
About the Culture:
Our home office offers outstanding amenities in a fun and rewarding workplace including:
- Pet friendly environment, bring your pets to work!
- A work-life balance and family events such as movie nights, art events and holiday festivals
- “Top Dog” gym with equipment, fitness classes, massage therapists and personal trainers
- “Sit & Stay” Café serving fresh breakfast and lunch options
- Starbucks cart—productivity at its finest!
- “Lil’ Paws” learning center and onsite daycare facility
- Volunteer events with PetSmart Charities