Manager, LP & SafetyLocation Phoenix, Arizona ID 2019-1801 Apply Now
Our Finance team ensure we are accountable and on track to company strategies. Their responsibilities include forecasting, in-season management, and analysis across business units. From sales and margin to operations and expenses, our Finance team provides consistent, accurate information to cross-functional partners to support PetSmart's growth initiatives.
About the Job:
The Manager of Loss Prevention and Safety is responsible for overseeing Loss Prevention and Safety operations for assigned Distribution Center(s).
Key competencies include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Solid knowledge of OSHA General Industry and safety practices for Warehouse and Distribution
- Proven management experience and leadership skills
- Exceptional investigative and interviewing skills
- Solid knowledge and understanding of distribution loss prevention activities
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational and interpersonal communication (i.e., verbal and written) skills
- Proficient knowledge and understanding of all applicable analytical reporting generated by the Business Information Warehouse (BIW), SAP, ASPECT and Case Reporting Systems
- Solid knowledge and understanding of computer applications (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Accurate and timely reporting of data
- Self-managed individual
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides Loss Prevention and Safety leadership and support in their assigned Distribution Center(s)
- Experience with workers safety and OSHA compliance processes to identify proactive solutions
- Manages the research, analysis and interpretation of shrink and safety trends and develops strategies for execution and improvement
- Directs investigations and resolution of all Loss Prevention and Safety activities in their assigned Distribution Center(s)
- Ensures that all investigations and resolutions comply with applicable federal, state and local laws as well as Company policy
- Conducts Shrink and Safety compliance reviews and provides appropriate operational support/follow-up to ensure opportunities for improvement are identified and corrected
- Provides recommendations and coordinates implementation of policies and procedures to ensure integrity of supply chain operations and Loss Prevention and Safety programs
- Provide leadership and development guidance to a team of LP/Auditors for assigned DC
- Ensures and supports Shrink and Safety training sessions are conducted at their distribution center(s)
- Provides support to DC management in the investigation and administration of activities to reduce safety incidents and inventory loss during distribution activities to stores
- Works with outside agencies (e.g., federal, state and local law enforcement, etc.), as necessary
- Performs special projects at the direction of the Senior Manager Loss Prevention and Safety
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor Degree in Occupational Safety and Health, Criminal Justice, or an appropriate field of study preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years Loss Prevention/Safety/Leadership (or related) experience preferred
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- CSP, ASP, or OHST Preferred
- Interview and Interrogation Techniques Certification (e.g., Wicklander-Zulawski, Reid, etc.) preferred
- CFI (Certified Forensic Interviewer) certification desirable.
About the Culture:
Our home office offers outstanding amenities in a fun and rewarding workplace including:
- Pet friendly environment, bring your pets to work!
- A work-life balance and family events such as movie nights, art events and holiday festivals
- “Top Dog” gym with equipment, fitness classes, massage therapists and personal trainers
- “Sit & Stay” Café serving fresh breakfast and lunch options
- Starbucks cart—productivity at its finest!
- “Lil’ Paws” learning center and onsite daycare facility
- Volunteer events with PetSmart Charities