Manager, FP&ALocation Phoenix, Arizona ID 2019-1703 Apply Now
Our Finance team ensure we are accountable and on track to company strategies. Their responsibilities include forecasting, in-season management, and analysis across business units. From sales and margin to operations and expenses, our Finance team provides consistent, accurate information to cross-functional partners to support PetSmart's growth initiatives.
About the Job:
This position has no direct reports.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES.
- Performs annual planning, monthly forecasting, and monthly variance analysis
- Works with business strategic project teams on project financials to ensure all financials are accounted for accurately.
- Utilize trend analysis to identify risks/opportunities and influence business decisions
- Streamline financial processes, reporting, and communication to make team and business more productive
- Work with department leadership to develop management presentations and support strategic initiatives
- Build a personal knowledge base of our internal strategies, trends, commonly used metrics and corporate drivers
- Develop financial models that support strategic initiatives and day to day business operations while providing analytics and key information to assist leadership to evaluate critical financial decisions
- Extract data from multiple sources using different tools and synthesizing information into manageable components
- Engages closely with the business areas they support to understand business structure and objectives to provide financial guidance and support effectively.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business or Economics is required
- At least 5 years of related experience (or some equivalent combination)
- Masters degree or CPA preferred
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills with the ability to work with all levels of an organization
- Ability to complete multiple tasks and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and an ability to explain complex topics to diverse stakeholders
- Ability to distill large amounts of information into manageable reports
- Advanced PC application skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Access)
- Experience in developing complex financial models and databases for analytical purposes
About the Culture:
Our home office offers outstanding amenities in a fun and rewarding workplace including:
- Pet friendly environment, bring your pets to work!
- A work-life balance and family events such as movie nights, art events and holiday festivals
- “Top Dog” gym with equipment, fitness classes, massage therapists and personal trainers
- “Sit & Stay” Café serving fresh breakfast and lunch options
- Starbucks cart—productivity at its finest!
- “Lil’ Paws” learning center and onsite daycare facility
- Volunteer events with PetSmart Charities