Manager, FacilitiesLocation Phoenix, Arizona ID 2019-1454 Apply Now
Our Real Estate teamtakes on the task of finding and managing over 1,600 stores, DCs, and offices. Their scope is pretty big, as we are a multi-national retailer with over 1,600 leased stores, offices, and distribution centers in the US, Canada, Puerto Rico, and Hong Kong. The team also supports new store growth through market analysis and research with the industry’s best data resources and analytical tools. In addition to supporting the stores, we work directly with the Real Estate Legal, Facilities, New Store Construction, and Finance teams.
About the Job:
The Facilities Manager of Repairs is responsible for leading the PetSmart brand standards as it relates to facility maintenance, repairs and cost management for over 1,650 PetSmart stores and over 200 PetsHotels. This position is responsible for leading the Facilities Repair team and our vendors who are accountable for maintenance and repairs of the stores including special projects, electrical systems, plumbing systems, warranty issues, remediation, etc. Experience managing multiple stores/buildings strongly preferred. Must be available nights, weekends and holidays for emergencies and critical incidents.
Key competencies include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Proven leadership skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational and interpersonal communication (i.e., verbal and written) skills
- Solid knowledge and understanding of computer applications (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Accurate and timely reporting of data
- Self-managed individual
- Able to demonstrate intermediate math skills/understanding, i.e. calculations, percentages, and budget management
- Able to demonstrate advanced negotiation skills, i.e. able to persuade, analyze, and dispute
- Able to demonstrate multitasking skills, i.e. able to handle multiple projects at one time
- Strong time management skills, i.e. produce work results that require legible reports, quick reference, and history documentation on projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leads the Facilities Repair Project Managers. Carries out leadership responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and leading work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Develops and controls ~$40 million in expense budgets to achieve a balance of cost control and service of stores.
- Responsible for the strategic direction of the team as it relates to store conditions and needs through leadership of the Facilities Repair team.
- Leads the development of the Facilities Repair team.
- Partners with Procurement to negotiate vendor contracts, scopes of work, timing, etc.
- Seeks out ways to leverage cost through contract negotiations, service level expectations and performance standards.
- Identifies and implements long term solutions for operational needs and related construction specifications.
- Leads and develops vendor relationships to support PetSmart's needs.
- Develops, plans, and leads processes and services that will allow the stores to operate efficiently and safely for associates, pet parents and pets.
- Develops and leads cross-functional processes to enhance the stores experience with the facilities team.
- Visits and surveys stores with District Leaders and Store Leaders to ensure our stores are being maintained at all times in a safe and hazard-free environment for our pet parents, pets, and our associates.
- Works with outside agencies/municipalities as necessary
- Performs special projects at the direction of the department leaders
- Networks with peers in retail facilities management to ensure PetSmart is on the cutting edge of the industry.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree from a college or university
- 5+ years relevant professional experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Management experience strongly preferred.
- Strong knowledge of facilities and/or procurement processes, procedures and best practices.
About the Culture:
Our home office offers outstanding amenities in a fun and rewarding workplace including:
- Pet friendly environment, bring your pets to work!
- A work-life balance and family events such as movie nights, art events and holiday festivals
- “Top Dog” gym with equipment, fitness classes, massage therapists and personal trainers
- “Sit & Stay” Café serving fresh breakfast and lunch options
- Starbucks cart—productivity at its finest!
- “Lil’ Paws” learning center and onsite daycare facility
- Volunteer events with PetSmart Charities