Manager, eCommerce InvestigationsLocation Phoenix, Arizona ID 2019-1814 Apply Now
Our Finance team ensure we are accountable and on track to company strategies. Their responsibilities include forecasting, in-season management, and analysis across business units. From sales and margin to operations and expenses, our Finance team provides consistent, accurate information to cross-functional partners to support PetSmart's growth initiatives.
About the Job:
This position is responsible for leading fraud mitigation efforts on PetSmart’s ecommerce platform to achieve favorable chargeback metrics while also maintaining service level requirements related to order fulfilment. Fraud mitigation efforts include implementation and management of fraud screening measures and identification and investigation of fraud actors leading to successful case resolution.
Key competencies include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Knowledge of commonly-used fraud prevention concepts, practices, and procedures and common fraud schemes
- Demonstrated knowledge of ecommerce computer systems such as fraud screening applications, order management systems, or similar systems, Microsoft Office software, and data analysis tools and techniques.
- Knowledge of investigative concepts and processes as well as the ability to communicate effectively with law enforcement
- Ability to prepare and critique investigative action plans and closed case reports
- Extensive knowledge of credit card industry and chargeback management processes
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Proven track record of exercising good judgment and sound decision making
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrates strong time management and organization skills
- Ability to remain flexible in a fast-paced, changing environment and to prioritize goals.
- Ability to make timely decisions even in the face of complexity, balancing systematic analysis with decisiveness
- Ability to convey measurable expectations and communicate clear deliverables and time frames to drive results
- Escalates and communicates risk effectively to key partners, stakeholders and leadership
- Ability to work in a corporate environment
- Ability to work on and participate in multiple cross functional teams
Typically supervises one investigator. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organizations’ policies and procedures. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training associates; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance, rewarding and coaching associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages a minimum of oneinvestigator responsible for the prevention and investigation of fraudulent purchases on PetSmart ecommerce platforms
- Leads and develops direct reports with necessary analytical and investigative knowledge
- Ensures consistent execution and documentation of investigative plans, guidelines, processes and directives
- Conducts investigations as needed to support timely execution
- Ensures service level agreement are met for decisioning orders held for fraud review
- Ensures that all investigations and resolutions comply with applicable federal, state and local laws as well as company policy and departmental directives
- Proactive identification of ongoing ecommerce fraud trends, and development of action plans in order to position PetSmart to mitigate potential risk.
- Continuous analysis of existing fraud prevention tools and controls to ensure that sales conversion is maximized while operating within acceptable risk/loss metrics.
- Develop and implement fraud prevention tools and controls responsible for the mitigation of losses associated with unauthorized purchases while ensuring limited customer friction.
- Evaluation of ecommerce fraud prevention tools and platforms, including leading RFP process, to determine appropriate fraud strategies to maximize ROI.
- Develops and maintains strong on-going partnership with key internal business partners, including Digital Experience, IT, Finance, and Information Security to ensure that fraud prevention strategies align with company goals and expectations.
- Establishes and maintains an effective working business relationship with related vendors
- Completes fraud remediation plans for credit card issuers on an as needed basis
- Performs special projects at the direction of their supervisor
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice, Business, Information Systems or related field and/or
Five plus years relevant experience in the credit card industry, ecommerce, fraud detection methods and analysis, loss prevention, investigations, and/or chargeback management or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Some infrequent travel may be required for investigative resolution or to attend industry training and conferences.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
PHYSICAL DEMANDS and WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment are characteristic of those found in a typical business office environment. Additional work environments may include those that are characteristic of a typical field investigative environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
About the Culture:
Our home office offers outstanding amenities in a fun and rewarding workplace including:
- Pet friendly environment, bring your pets to work!
- A work-life balance and family events such as movie nights, art events and holiday festivals
- “Top Dog” gym with equipment, fitness classes, massage therapists and personal trainers
- “Sit & Stay” Café serving fresh breakfast and lunch options
- Starbucks cart—productivity at its finest!
- “Lil’ Paws” learning center and onsite daycare facility
- Volunteer events with PetSmart Charities