Manager Accounts PayableLocation Phoenix, Arizona ID 2020-1865 Apply Now
Our Finance team ensure we are accountable and on track to company strategies. Their responsibilities include forecasting, in-season management, and analysis across business units. From sales and margin to operations and expenses, our Finance team provides consistent, accurate information to cross-functional partners to support PetSmart's growth initiatives.
About the Job:
The Accounts Payable Manager is responsible for the day-to-day management of the accounts payable department and is ultimately responsible for the efficient payment of all company invoices and oversight of the related balance sheet and vendor accounts. The role is responsible for developing 3 direct reports and creating a work environment that is motivating, trusting, and highly accountable.
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Manages three direct reports through using coaching, feedback, support, recognition, and encouragement to grow associates. Supports supervisors to develop their teams as well.
- Manages functions within the Accounts Payable department including, but not limited to:
- Managing vendor payments for merchandise, goods not for resale, services, and capital.
- Leads the department's month-end close process and subsequent general ledger account reconciliations.
- Manages cash discounts, participates in vendor meetings, negotiates vendor settlements, and partners with vendors on improving the cash payment cycle and the receipt of vendor invoices.
- Partners with post recovery auditors to collect on erroneous payments to vendors.
- Prepares specialized reporting to identify and correct any foreseen exposures related to the payment of accounts.
- Completes special projects and analysis as requested.
- Exercises good judgment and support ethics and integrity throughout the accounting/finance team.
- Review and ensures compliance with SOX and Accounting Policies and Procedures.
- Ensures desktop procedures exist for each role and process within Accounts Payable.
- Serves as a solid business partner to the Store Support Group via research, training, and support.
- Creates Service Level Agreements surrounding payment processing and supports team in meeting the goals.
- Continues to move the business forward by improving efficiencies through the use of technology and process improvements.
Education / Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance - preferred
- 7-10+ years of related progressive work experience
- Previous management of a large shared services Accounts Payable team required
- Proven track record of leading
- Retail experience preferred
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, with excellent organizational skills
- Must possess a “can-do” attitude with the ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff
- Exceptional communication skills at all levels
- Ability to handle high levels of pressure and apply critical decision making with constantly shifting priorities
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- SAP experience preferred
About the Culture:
Our home office offers outstanding amenities in a fun and rewarding workplace including:
- Pet friendly environment, bring your pets to work!
- A work-life balance and family events such as movie nights, art events and holiday festivals
- “Top Dog” gym with equipment, fitness classes, massage therapists and personal trainers
- “Sit & Stay” Café serving fresh breakfast and lunch options
- Starbucks cart—productivity at its finest!
- “Lil’ Paws” learning center and onsite daycare facility
- Volunteer events with PetSmart Charities