Lead Front End DeveloperLocation Phoenix, Arizona ID 2019-1321 Apply Now
The Customer Experience (Marketing) team works to showcase our brand through the lens of expertise and love, and to provide a personalized experience for our consumers backed by best-in-class, data-driven marketing capabilities. The Customer Experience team focuses across 5 departments including, Marketing, Creative, Digital, Communications, and our Loyalty & CRM team. Everyone brings his or her own points of view to create a unique experience for our pet parents and pet parents.
About the Job:
The Lead Front End Development will be directly responsible for delivering all digital front-end development assets for PetSmart digital properties accurately and in-step with the overall Enterprise Marketing calendar and site releases. This team works closely with Digital Business Optimization, Creative, Platform Product Owners, UX, A/B Testing, Digital Marketing, and IS department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to:
- Accountable for managing interactions with 3rd party partners when applicable.
- Effectively manage, develop, and positively motivate a diverse team of skilled associates
- Leverage enterprise level critical thinking to ensure that all deliverables and their digital experience fits within the overall Enterprise strategy
- Responsible for effectively communicating updates in a timely and accurate manner to the Director and leadership team.
- Partner closely with Digital Business Optimization, Creative, Platform Product Owners, UX, A/B Testing, Digital Marketing, and IS department and ensure organizational alignment and acceptance.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
- Exceptional critical thinking, problem solving, and program management skills.
- Understands Kanban and Scrum methodology
- Collaborate with UX to build interactive visual website components using Handlebars, SASS, Grunt, and React
- Help to build foundational engineering principles such as automated testing, deployments, and pipelines
- Help build the Front-end team to bring a vision into life.
- Ability to thrive and be flexible in a fast paced, entrepreneurial, and ambiguous work environment.
- Independent, high-energy and results driven with strong executive presence.
- Excellent communication, facilitation, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization and with external vendors.
- Cross-functional retail knowledge including eCommerce, Merchandising, Creative, Supply Chain, and Marketing business processes.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Problem solving and troubleshooting capabilities.
- Proficiency in Microsoft software including PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Project, and Visio.
- Supervisory responsibilities include managing Front End Development. This position is responsible for bringing out the best in associates through coaching, mentoring and management of individual development plans.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, or related field preferred.
- Backend development experience preferred (Java, C++, Visual Basic, etc.).
- Experience with versioning system (we use Git), command line, CSS pre-processor (we use Sass).
- 5+ years of management role in an enterprise level organization preferred.
- 3+ year of service architecture integrating APIs and services preferred.
- Retail Industry experience preferred.
About the Culture:
Our home office offers outstanding amenities in a fun and rewarding workplace including:
- Pet friendly environment, bring your pets to work!
- A work-life balance and family events such as movie nights, art events and holiday festivals
- “Top Dog” gym with equipment, fitness classes, massage therapists and personal trainers
- “Sit & Stay” Café serving fresh breakfast and lunch options
- Starbucks cart—productivity at its finest!
- “Lil’ Paws” learning center and onsite daycare facility
- Volunteer events with PetSmart Charities