Junior Data Scientist InternshipLocation Phoenix, Arizona ID 2019-1583 Apply Now
Are you looking for a fun and rewarding summer internship? At PetSmart, we are committed to developing future business leaders. Join our Advanced Analytics team this summer as a Junior Data Scientist and thrive in a collaborative culture where being the trusted partner to parents and pets in every moment of their lives is priority number one.
About the Job:
What will you do?
- Experience the Data Scientist function of the leading pet specialty retailer firsthand while you develop the skills to become successful in the advanced analytics world.
- Put your modeling skills to work in regression, optimization, process simulation, and more.
- Leave your “paw” print with a project designed to make a true impact on the business.
- Present your recommendations and innovative ideas to PetSmart leaders.
- Develop and grow your skills with the support of a caring manager and dedicated mentor.
What will you need?
- Junior status (graduating December 2020 or May 2021) pursuing a Data Science, Statistics, Science in Analytics, or other related field of study.
- Solid critical thinking ability and use of analytical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication at all levels.
- Experience with machine learning algorithms.
- Experience with statistical programming language (R or Python).
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is required.
- Must be able to produce and present work in a collaborative, team environment.
About the Culture:
What’s in it for you?
- 10-week paid summer internship!
- Small team and start up feel with-in the corporate space.
- Connect and socialize with other PetSmart associates early in their career as part of the StartSmart associate resource group.
- Make a difference! Volunteer with your fellow interns during the annual “PetSmart Interns Give Back” day.
- Pet friendly environment, bring your pets to work!
- Enjoy our campus amenities: “Top Dog” gym fitness center, Dog park, Starbucks station, Sit&Stay Café.