Jr. Graphic DesignerLocation Phoenix, Arizona ID CE-18-6440 Apply Now
An entry-level position responsible for designing and executing PetSmart creative to ensure that marketing objectives are met in an accurate and timely manner. Balancing creative thinking with interpersonal skills, this person will demonstrate an ability to justify design concepts to both the project team and internal partners. Reports to Art Director, Digital.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Designs and executes compelling creative, driven by innovation and strategy, for digital channels including website (mobile and desktop) and email communications.
- Develops and presents creative ideas based on input from creative and marketing teams.
- Executes brand look and feel consistently across all creative materials.
- Builds constructive and collaborative cross-functional relationships to support business initiatives.
- Participates in groups and contributes ideas individually
- Thrives in a collaborative, corporate environment with a professional and positive attitude.
- Maintains knowledge related to industry and technology trends.
- Fluent in Adobe CC (In-Design, Photoshop, Illustrator).
- Technical knowledge of file preparation and procedures.
- Experience in web/mobile user interface and interactive design and understanding of technical constraints
- Understanding of UX, responsive design and information architecture.
- Strong design aesthetics for type, color and page layout.
- Strong problem-solving and conceptual skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Motivated, flexible, detail-oriented, with strong organizational skills.
- Experience working in an online retail environment a plus.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- 1-2 years of relevant experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Web/Graphic Design, Interactive Design or equivalent education and experience.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS and WORK ENVIRONMENT
- The physical demands and work environment are characteristic of those found
in a typical business office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be
made for individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.