IT Project Manager
We're growing at a faster pace than we ever have before, investing heavily in cutting-edge technology and, more importantly, our people. Our PetSmart IT team isn't just its own department; they are valued business partners to every area of our company. At every level, our IT associates are empowered to come up with the innovative ideas that have strategic impacts on the business. You'll take pride in the work that you do and the "why" behind it all - for the love of pets.
Life at PetSmart: Meet Mike!
Life at PetSmart: Phoenix
Life at Petsmart: My 3 words
It’s an exciting time in technology, and that buzz is felt throughout PetSmart!
We are continuing to grow at a faster pace and we want to continue to provide best-in-class experiences for pets and pet parents.
Our IT team has 4 different departments: Information Security, IT Service Delivery, Business Enabling Systems, and IT Commerce & Customer Engagement.
Whether it’s online or in our stores, the work that the IT team does is instrumental in PetSmart’s success. We have a strategic and actionable plan underway and are looking for associates who are just as excited about it as we are.
About the Job:
Is your passion to lead technical programs that deliver solutions, focused on supporting a growing and dynamic business? Do you love pets and want to join your experience with enabling systems that help PetSmart be the trusted partner of Pet Parents and their pets?
PetSmart is looking for an experienced IT Technical Project Manager who will provide leadership and direction with an emphasis on retail services. This role will be accountable for working with cross-functional teams to implement and deliver solutions aligned with PetSmart’s strategic objectives. The Project Manager will oversee communication, budget, schedule and risk, while ensuring organized and managed change.
PEOPLE & TEAM INFLUENCE
- Demonstrate abilities as a team leader; lead teams to create an atmosphere of trust
- Seek diverse views to encourage improvement and innovation
- Provide guidance to a team of associate and contract Engineers, System Analysts, QA and Development team members
- Develop strong relationships within IT and the business
- Develop vendor partnerships supporting project delivery
- Adapt to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines
- Defuse tension among project team should it arise
PROGRAM & PROJECT
- Participate in early forecast activities to estimate staffing and effort to scope projects
- Define project governance structure
- Plan / Participate in Project Leadership / Steering Committee meetings
- Anticipate risks, drive contingency planning, and resolve roadblocks
- Accountable for the overall delivery of technical environments (OS, DB, Storage, Networks) supporting highly complex, cross-functional projects impacting the enterprise
- Accountable for scope, schedule, and communication management
- Understand and advocate best practices in high-level system designs
- Provide leadership and direction in the design, development, support, and implementation of business capabilities as it relates to infrastructure and technical delivery
- Participate in the development and sustainability of Project Management Frameworks
- Manage day-to-day budget for assigned projects
- May drive contracts/SOWs, oversee budgets; review expenditures and partner to analyze variances
- Minimum 7 years’ experience with industry standard retail applications, leading the implementation of highly-complex systems and business capabilities
- 3+ years’ experience in data center projects, infrastructure build projects and integration, solution design and support
- Project budget responsibilities, experience managing over $1 million dollars
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication and relationship building skills
- Proficient in project management discipline and tools; MS Project, MS Office Suite
- PMP, CSM or other certifications with demonstrable application desired
- Bachelor's Degree required, in Computer Science or related field preferred, and 10+ years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
About the Culture:
Our home office offers outstanding amenities in a fun and rewarding workplace including:
- Pet friendly environment, bring your pets to work! Come see our very own Dog Park!
- A work-life balance and family events such as movie nights, art events and holiday festivals
- “Top Dog” gym with equipment, fitness classes, massage therapists and personal trainers (Amazing towel service and locker rooms)
- “Sit & Stay” Café serving fresh breakfast and lunch options (Healthy options, Vegan and Vegetarian, Comfort food options and Sushi)
- Starbucks cart—productivity at its finest!
- “Lil’ Paws” learning center and onsite daycare facility
- Volunteer events with PetSmart Charities
- Dry Cleaning and Shipping Services
Pets keep us young and engaged in so many ways. So helping pet parents get what they need for their pets in the digital age is why I love my job. Even when work gets crazy, everywhere you look, there is a dog or cat who's ready to play. It's the perfect stress relief.Marc
Senior QA Analyst
WHY WORK WITH US?
We are the largest pet specialty retailer with no plans to slow down. We enjoy being top dog and we are constantly evolving with our customers. Oh, and we have puppies and kittens and fish and turtles and hamsters — whichever pet makes you smile, you’ll see them here at our home office!
WHY PETSMART IT?
Technology is ever-changing and our teams need to be able to grow and change just as quickly. That’s why we’ve created a Continuous Associate Transformation (CAT!) Program specifically for the IT team. Whether you want to grow your career by learning new skills or gain leadership experience, PetSmart provides an engaging environment and an actionable plan to support your growth.
We’re growing at a faster pace than ever before. We are building, automating, simplifying, and innovating technology that impacts millions of pets and pet parents. The best part? We don’t have to wait months or years to see changes. We are implementing change RIGHT NOW and it motivates us to keep going.
Seriously, why not? We can’t think of a reason why you wouldn’t love it here. What are you waiting for?!
Benefits / Perks
Medical, Dental, Vision
Performance Bonus, 401k Match, Deferred Compensation
Paid Time off:
Tuition Reimbursement, Professional Development, Online Learning
Dog Park, Fitness Center, Cafe
Onsite Childcare, Wellness Programs, Adoption Assistance
Financial Planning, Legal Assistance, Disaster Relief
Associate Discount, Relocation Assistance, Family Events
We value the diversity in knowledge, experience, and education that our candidates bring to PetSmart. However, those aren’t the only things that make our teams successful. Take a look at just a few of the traits we look for when hiring new associates.