IT Product Manager - Stores
We're growing at a faster pace than we ever have before, investing heavily in cutting-edge technology and, more importantly, our people. Our PetSmart IT team isn't just its own department; they are valued business partners to every area of our company. At every level, our IT associates are empowered to come up with the innovative ideas that have strategic impacts on the business. You'll take pride in the work that you do and the "why" behind it all - for the love of pets.
Life at PetSmart: Meet Mike!
Life at PetSmart: Phoenix
Life at Petsmart: My 3 words
It’s an exciting time in technology, and that buzz is felt throughout PetSmart! We are continuing to grow at a faster pace and we want to continue to provide best-in-class experiences for pets and pet parents. Our IT team has 4 different departments: Information Security, IT Service Delivery, Business Enabling Systems, and IT Commerce & Customer Engagement.
Whether it’s online or in our stores, the work that the IT team does is instrumental in PetSmart’s success. We have a strategic and actionable plan underway and are looking for associates who are just as excited about it as we are.
About the Job:
IT Product Manager – Stores
How this role will make an impact:
Would you like to help define the future of PetSmart’s customer experience? If so, PetSmart is aggressively accelerating its in-store technologies and we are looking for strong, experienced leaders who can drive us forward.
In this IT Product Manager – Stores role you will be leading the delivery of our store customer experience solutions. You will lead a team of Application and Quality Analysts in this role.
You’ll leverage your strong technical experience to lead agile teams to deliver projects on time with a high degree of quality while ensuring that daily operations are stable. Your success in this role will be because you’re able to communicate clearly and effectively to technical, business, and executive stakeholders.
Your goals and responsibilities will include:
- Partner with business stakeholders to determine their goals and requirements in order to create strategic product roadmaps
- Stay current on industry trends and provides insights and recommendations into roadmap development
- Participate in defining the PetSmart customer experience of the future
- Work closely with product management, engineering, Infrastructure and other team members to deliver valuable, high quality capabilities
- Enable the development and oversight of our product release schedule for all of the applications in the store commerce space
- Lead the selection of key in store applications
- Escalate decisions to product owners and sponsors as necessary
- Manage analyst team to develop complete, accurate, unambiguous requirements/stories in support of the program
- Manage risks and resolve issues affecting scope, quality, budget and schedule
- Lead the team to work in a collaborative, customer-focused environment
- Manage team of application and QA analyst that support the Store Commerce, Workforce Management and Task Management capabilities
- Develop relevant artifacts for communication, direction, delivery, quality, and solutions
What you’ll bring to the table:
- 5+ years experience successfully leading teams that have delivered large scale projects on time and on budget within store systems
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/MIS or equivalent
- Strong understanding/experience with POS, Task Management and Workforce Management systems
- Experience in delivering large, highly complex programs and deploying solutions within a store environment
- Strong critical thinking skills. Ability to learn and solve problems quickly
- Ability to build strong relationships to become a trusted and respected partner
- Demonstrates high accountability
- Technical delivery experience in an agile environment
- Ability to understand technical concepts and evaluate tradeoffs
- Understanding of modern software development practices and QA best practices
- Experience with JIRA, automation tools, testing software
- Experience in developing request for proposal documents
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous, fast-paced environment operating at both a strategic and tactical level
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
About the Culture:
Our home office offers outstanding amenities in a fun and rewarding workplace including:
- Pet friendly environment, bring your pets to work!
- A work-life balance and family events such as movie nights, art events and holiday festivals
- “Top Dog” gym with equipment, fitness classes, massage therapists and personal trainers
- “Sit & Stay” Café serving fresh breakfast and lunch options
- Starbucks cart—productivity at its finest!
- “Lil’ Paws” learning center and onsite daycare facility
- Volunteer events with PetSmart Charities
Pets keep us young and engaged in so many ways. So helping pet parents get what they need for their pets in the digital age is why I love my job. Even when work gets crazy, everywhere you look, there is a dog or cat who's ready to play. It's the perfect stress relief.Marc
Senior QA Analyst
WHY WORK WITH US?
We are the largest pet specialty retailer with no plans to slow down. We enjoy being top dog and we are constantly evolving with our customers. Oh, and we have puppies and kittens and fish and turtles and hamsters — whichever pet makes you smile, you’ll see them here at our home office!
WHY PETSMART IT?
Technology is ever-changing and our teams need to be able to grow and change just as quickly. That’s why we’ve created a Continuous Associate Transformation (CAT!) Program specifically for the IT team. Whether you want to grow your career by learning new skills or gain leadership experience, PetSmart provides an engaging environment and an actionable plan to support your growth.
We’re growing at a faster pace than ever before. We are building, automating, simplifying, and innovating technology that impacts millions of pets and pet parents. The best part? We don’t have to wait months or years to see changes. We are implementing change RIGHT NOW and it motivates us to keep going.
Seriously, why not? We can’t think of a reason why you wouldn’t love it here. What are you waiting for?!
Benefits / Perks
Medical, Dental, Vision
Performance Bonus, 401k Match, Deferred Compensation
Paid Time off:
Tuition Reimbursement, Professional Development, Online Learning
Dog Park, Fitness Center, Cafe
Onsite Childcare, Wellness Programs, Adoption Assistance
Financial Planning, Legal Assistance, Disaster Relief
Associate Discount, Relocation Assistance, Family Events
We value the diversity in knowledge, experience, and education that our candidates bring to PetSmart. However, those aren’t the only things that make our teams successful. Take a look at just a few of the traits we look for when hiring new associates.