IT Compliance Engineer
We're growing at a faster pace than we ever have before, investing heavily in cutting-edge technology and, more importantly, our people. Our PetSmart IT team isn't just its own department; they are valued business partners to every area of our company. At every level, our IT associates are empowered to come up with the innovative ideas that have strategic impacts on the business. You'll take pride in the work that you do and the "why" behind it all - for the love of pets.
Life at PetSmart: Meet Mike!
Life at PetSmart: Phoenix
Life at Petsmart: My 3 words
It’s an exciting time in technology, and that buzz is felt throughout PetSmart! We are continuing to grow at a faster pace and we want to continue to provide best-in-class experiences for pets and pet parents. Our IT team has 4 different departments: IT Solutions, IT Service Delivery, Business Enablement, and Commerce & Customer Engagement. Whether it’s online or in our stores, the work that the IT team does is instrumental in PetSmart’s success. We have a strategic and actionable plan underway and are looking for associates who are just as excited about it as we are.
Click here to meet Mike Goodwin, PetSmart’s CIO
About the Job:
IT Compliance Engineer
PetSmart is looking for an IT Compliance Engineer that will provide business and technical advice on a wide variety of compliance and information security topics. The individual serving in this position will have a natural curiosity and passion for governance. This role will apply that passion to stay current on changes in regulatory landscapes and help develop general and specific IT controls to protect our customers, associates, and brand.
This position will have a high level of visibility providing IT leadership and management a continuous view of compliance and security posture. The ideal candidate will be able to balance activities such as high-level mapping of compliance objectives and detailed spot audit of technical controls. The candidate will lean-in to improve the consistency and efficacy of compliance activities. This position will report into the Information Security department where it will play a role in protecting pet parent and associate information enabling our associates in being the trusted partner to pet parents and pets in every moment of their lives.
- Coordination of IT Audit, Governance, Risk, and Compliance related activities
- Tracking and providing QA support of Control activities and processes
- Providing IT leadership with a continuous view of Compliance posture
- Support risk management related IT security functions
- Minimum 2 years progressive experience in information systems or audit functions
- Highly skilled in Microsoft Office
Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of IT audit techniques and processes
- Base technical knowledge and working experience with common IT platforms
- Knowledge of industry laws and regulations mandating information security and information risk management requirements (PCI, Sarbanes-Oxley, Privacy)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and coordination skills
- 2+ years of experience with regulatory and compliance related functions such as Sarbanes-Oxley, PCI, and HIPAA
- Familiarity with COSO and COBIT
- Familiarity with IT security risk frameworks such as FAIR, Octave, and NIST
- Experience with ERP solutions such as SAP
- Certifications such as CISA, CISM, CISSP
PetSmart is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, genetics, and protected veteran status, as well as any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
About the Culture:
Our home office offers outstanding amenities in a fun and rewarding workplace including:
- Pet friendly environment, bring your pets to work!
- A work-life balance and family events such as movie nights, art events and holiday festivals
- “Top Dog” gym with equipment, fitness classes, massage therapists and personal trainers
- “Sit & Stay” Café serving fresh breakfast and lunch options
- Starbucks cart—productivity at its finest!
- “Lil’ Paws” learning center and onsite daycare facility
- Volunteer events with PetSmart Charities
Pets keep us young and engaged in so many ways. So helping pet parents get what they need for their pets in the digital age is why I love my job. Even when work gets crazy, everywhere you look, there is a dog or cat who's ready to play. It's the perfect stress relief.Marc
Senior QA Analyst
WHY WORK WITH US?
We are the largest pet specialty retailer with no plans to slow down. We enjoy being top dog and we are constantly evolving with our customers. Oh, and we have puppies and kittens and fish and turtles and hamsters — whichever pet makes you smile, you’ll see them here at our home office!
WHY PETSMART IT?
Technology is ever-changing and our teams need to be able to grow and change just as quickly. That’s why we’ve created a Continuous Associate Transformation (CAT!) Program specifically for the IT team. Whether you want to grow your career by learning new skills or gain leadership experience, PetSmart provides an engaging environment and an actionable plan to support your growth.
We’re growing at a faster pace than ever before. We are building, automating, simplifying, and innovating technology that impacts millions of pets and pet parents. The best part? We don’t have to wait months or years to see changes. We are implementing change RIGHT NOW and it motivates us to keep going.
Seriously, why not? We can’t think of a reason why you wouldn’t love it here. What are you waiting for?!
Benefits / Perks
Medical, Dental, Vision
Performance Bonus, 401k Match, Deferred Compensation
Paid Time off:
Tuition Reimbursement, Professional Development, Online Learning
Dog Park, Fitness Center, Cafe
Onsite Childcare, Wellness Programs, Adoption Assistance
Financial Planning, Legal Assistance, Disaster Relief
Associate Discount, Relocation Assistance, Family Events
We value the diversity in knowledge, experience, and education that our candidates bring to PetSmart. However, those aren’t the only things that make our teams successful. Take a look at just a few of the traits we look for when hiring new associates.