Internal Communications ManagerLocation Phoenix, Arizona ID 2019-1735 Apply Now
The Customer Experience (Marketing) team works to showcase our brand through the lens of expertise and love. They work to provide a personalized experience for our consumers backed by best-in-class, data-driven marketing capabilities. The Customer Experience team focuses across 5 departments including, Marketing, Creative, Digital, Communications, and our Loyalty & CRM team. Everyone brings his or her own point of view to create a unique experience for the pets and pet parents.
About the Job:
The Internal Communications Manager plays a central role in developing and implementing communications plans and activities that engage and drive change across the business. This individual is responsible for building and maintaining strong relationships with different leaders and teams to support a range of communications needs and deliverables. Ideal candidates will demonstrate an expert level of written and oral communication, with a strong eye for editing. We’re seeking candidates with experience managing projects from start to finish, problem-solving in real-time, and who demonstrate an ability to work collaboratively across multiple teams.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Source, draft, edit and publish content for The Dish, our enterprise-wise intranet site, along with our accompanying weekly emails to associates.
- Create communications plans as well as a regular flow of other written materials including: emails, talking points, video scripts, PowerPoint presentations and intranet articles.
- Support the coordination and execution of content for town halls, national meetings and other internal communications events, including designing presentation content.
- Build strong partnerships with internal stakeholders across the business to help determine and address their short- and long-term communications needs
- Serve as a point-person on various projects that require communication planning and liaising among multiple client groups
Qualification & Training
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, PR or related field
- Proficiency writing and editing in AP style
- 4+ years relevant work experience with a background in internal communications in medium to large organizations
- High proficiency in WordPress and Microsoft office programs (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Experience designing presentations and other creative collateral
- Resourceful and enthusiastic; able to work well under pressure with a flexible attitude
- Excellent time management and organization skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Creative thinking and writing with regard to storytelling
- Ability to work collaboratively in a high energy, fast-paced environment
- Strong work ethic, results-oriented, and proactive
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
About the Culture:
Our home office offers outstanding amenities in a fun and rewarding workplace including:
- Pet friendly environment, bring your pets to work!
- A work-life balance and family events such as movie nights, art events and holiday festivals
- “Top Dog” gym with equipment, fitness classes, massage therapists and personal trainers
- “Sit & Stay” Café serving fresh breakfast and lunch options
- Starbucks cart—productivity at its finest!
- “Lil’ Paws” learning center and onsite daycare facility
- Volunteer events with PetSmart Charities