Information Security Engineer
We're growing at a faster pace than we ever have before, investing heavily in cutting-edge technology and, more importantly, our people. Our PetSmart IT team isn't just its own department; they are valued business partners to every area of our company. At every level, our IT associates are empowered to come up with the innovative ideas that have strategic impacts on the business. You'll take pride in the work that you do and the "why" behind it all - for the love of pets.
Life at PetSmart: Meet Mike!
Life at PetSmart: Phoenix
Life at Petsmart: My 3 words
If you are having trouble applying for this role, please email me directly: email@example.com
IT Security Engineer
How this role will make an impact:
Do you have a natural curiosity? Are you energized by continuously being challenged, learning, and adapting? Are you passionate about cyber security and desire to understand new threats, vulnerabilities, and defenses? Do you love pets?!
PetSmart is growing its IT Security Engineering team and is seeking an IT Security Engineer. This individual is a key member of our cyber security team focusing on developing secure solutions and ensuring the resilience of exciting new capabilities delivered to our Customers and Associates. This role frequently engages with internal partners including our Product Teams, Security Architecture & Risk, Security Operations, and Service Delivery.
This position is for an individual with a background in information security or an intense personal interest to learn. The IT Security Engineer will participate in evaluating, developing, and implementing security tools, standards, and procedures for multiple platforms and environments. They will learn and implement a variety of security technologies and solutions. This position will also require an individual who can work well with both technical and non-technical business partners.
Your goals and responsibilities will include:
- Develop, implement, support technical controls to protect consumer facing technologies
- Build, configure, and support security technologies
- Coordinate between the SOC, IT, Business Partners, and 3rd parties in support of incident response
- Analyze current attack trends to design and implement technical and process-oriented countermeasures
- Engage with projects to develop appropriate security instrumentation of solutions and support the Security Architecture and Risk function
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Minimum 3 years progressive experience in Information Technology
- Demonstrated passion to adapt, learn, and grow
Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrated technical knowledge and working experience with common IT Platforms: Windows, Linux, AIX, MS SQL, Oracle, NoSQL, SAP, Directory Services, AWS, Azure, Salesforce, etc.
- Demonstrated technical understanding of the TCP/IP networking stack & network technologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills coupled with ability to explain security topics and risk to a business audience
- Prior experience in one or more of the following disciplines:
- Windows Administration
- Cisco Networking
- Software Development
- Experience with Salesforce platforms and development
- Experience in AWS or Azure
- Experience developing searches, alerts, reporting, and dashboards in Splunk
- Knowledge of industry laws and regulations mandating information security and information risk management requirements (PCI, Sarbanes-Oxley, Privacy Regulations)
- Experience in consumer engaging industries such as Retail or Technology
PetSmart is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, genetics, and protected veteran status, as well as any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
About our IT team:
We’re growing at a faster pace than we ever have before, investing heavily in cutting-edge technology and, more importantly,our people.Our PetSmart IT team isn’t just its own department, they are valued business partners to every area of our company. At every level, our IT associates are empowered to come up with innovative ideas that have strategic impacts to the business. You’ll take pride in the work that you do and the “why” behind it all—for the love of pets.
Why you’ll love it here:
Our home office offers outstanding amenities in a fun and rewarding workplace including:
- Pet friendly environment, bring your pets to work!
- A work-life balance and family events such as movie nights, art events and holiday festivals
- “Top Dog” gym with equipment, fitness classes, massage therapists and personal trainers
- “Sit & Stay” Café serving fresh breakfast and lunch options
- Starbucks cart—productivity at its finest!
- “Lil’ Paws” learning center and onsite daycare facility
- Volunteer events with PetSmart Charities
Pets keep us young and engaged in so many ways. So helping pet parents get what they need for their pets in the digital age is why I love my job. Even when work gets crazy, everywhere you look, there is a dog or cat who's ready to play. It's the perfect stress relief.Marc
Senior QA Analyst
WHY WORK WITH US?
We are the largest pet specialty retailer with no plans to slow down. We enjoy being top dog and we are constantly evolving with our customers. Oh, and we have puppies and kittens and fish and turtles and hamsters — whichever pet makes you smile, you’ll see them here at our home office!
WHY PETSMART IT?
Technology is ever-changing and our teams need to be able to grow and change just as quickly. That’s why we’ve created a Continuous Associate Transformation (CAT!) Program specifically for the IT team. Whether you want to grow your career by learning new skills or gain leadership experience, PetSmart provides an engaging environment and an actionable plan to support your growth.
We’re growing at a faster pace than ever before. We are building, automating, simplifying, and innovating technology that impacts millions of pets and pet parents. The best part? We don’t have to wait months or years to see changes. We are implementing change RIGHT NOW and it motivates us to keep going.
Seriously, why not? We can’t think of a reason why you wouldn’t love it here. What are you waiting for?!
Benefits / Perks
Medical, Dental, Vision
Performance Bonus, 401k Match, Deferred Compensation
Paid Time off:
Tuition Reimbursement, Professional Development, Online Learning
Dog Park, Fitness Center, Cafe
Onsite Childcare, Wellness Programs, Adoption Assistance
Financial Planning, Legal Assistance, Disaster Relief
Associate Discount, Relocation Assistance, Family Events
We value the diversity in knowledge, experience, and education that our candidates bring to PetSmart. However, those aren’t the only things that make our teams successful. Take a look at just a few of the traits we look for when hiring new associates.