Human Resources Business Partner - CharitiesLocation Phoenix, Arizona ID 2020-1853 Apply Now
Our Human Resources team defies all conventional expectations and is a business-connected solutions provider. The work we do directly aligns with the company’s core areas of focus, and we ensure that associates and leaders are ready to support those strategic objectives. Our HR team is comprised of different departments, including Talent Acquisition, HR business partners, Learning & Development, Compensation & Benefits, and Shared Services. We enable meaningful careers for all and build our AWEsome Associate Workplace Experience!
About the Job:
This position is responsible for assisting in the creation and delivery of the HR strategy for the Phoenix Home Office (PHO), including the development and implementation of HR plans and programs that enable the office to achieve its strategic objectives. In partnership with the Senior Director of Human Resources, this individual is responsible for providing HR support for our PetSmart Charities function, focusing on topics such as talent acquisition, talent and leadership development/ training, engagement, associate retention, associate relations, and administrative/technical support, as well as providing generalist support to Vice Presidents and Senior Leaders.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLILITIES include but are not limited to:
- Partners with the Senior Director of Human Resources to deliver the HR strategy for multiple departments at PHO by providing full-spectrum HR support, including talent and performance management, succession planning, engagement, positive workplace environment, organizational development, change management, associate relations, and headcount/position management and reporting.
- Leads organizational design and headcount management activities, including supporting the creation and organization of all items that require Compensation and Benefits Committee approval.
- Resolves associate relations and ethics and integrity investigations. Leads associate relations initiatives to ensure an engaged workforce, implementation of retention efforts and a respectful workplace environment. Promotes and strengthens the positive work environment by actively listening and appropriately responding to associate/leadership concerns with a sense of urgency.
- Supports PHO talent acquisition, including building external talent pipeline, identifying internal talent needs and gaps, and creating strategies for employer branding initiatives.
- Collaborates with Learning & Development partners to identify training and leadership development needs and implement solutions. Partners to facilitate training sessions on topics such as diversity and inclusion, positive associate relations, leadership development, and team building.
- Supports talent management and Everyday Performance Management initiatives for PHO. Advises leaders on the coaching to correct process, including disciplinary actions and terminations (in with partnership with Legal and Senior Director of HR/PHRBPs.)
- Leads succession planning process, including the preparation for the identification and development of high potential associates and bench strength, potential successors and critical needs within the office. Helps leaders develop an internal growth plan and direction for associates.
- Maintains close partnership with HRIS and IT partners to support data integrity of home office HR data.
- Maintains close and trusted partnerships between HR teams, maintaining alignment with key partners and sharing information with all parties on a regular basis.
- May also administer home office HR programs including but not limited to: recognition programs, HR project governance, and Awesome Work Experience. Evaluate the status and productivity of programs and makes recommendations to improve their efficiency and cost effectiveness.
- Act as HR project manager for key HR projects or workstreams as needed.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university and a minimum of 5 years HR generalist leadership in business or multi-unit retail; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Project Management experience preferred.
- Must demonstrate business acumen.
- Must possess excellent problem-solving, analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Must possess outstanding organizational skills, including attention to detail.
- Must demonstrate ability to build partnerships/relationships with internal and external partners, leveraging interpersonal skills to build trust.
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Must be proficient in using the Microsoft Office Suite including experience with Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Access.
- Must demonstrate a high level of intellectual, professional and interpersonal ability and flexibility.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- None required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS and WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment are characteristic of those found in a typical business office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
About the Culture:
Our home office offers outstanding amenities in a fun and rewarding workplace including:
- Pet friendly environment, bring your pets to work!
- A work-life balance and family events such as movie nights, art events and holiday festivals
- “Top Dog” gym with equipment, fitness classes, massage therapists and personal trainers
- “Sit & Stay” Café serving fresh breakfast and lunch options
- Starbucks cart—productivity at its finest!
- “Lil’ Paws” learning center and onsite daycare facility
- Volunteer events with PetSmart Charities