Graphic Designer, BrandLocation Phoenix, Arizona ID 2019-1317 Apply Now
The Customer Experience (Marketing) team works to showcase our brand through the lens of expertise and love, and to provide a personalized experience for our consumers backed by best-in-class, data-driven marketing capabilities. The Customer Experience team focuses across 5 departments including, Marketing, Creative, Digital, Communications, and our Loyalty & CRM team. Everyone brings his or her own points of view to create a unique experience for our pet parents and pet parents.
About the Job:
An intermediate-level designer position responsible for design and execution of PetSmart creative for strategic brand initiatives, campaigns and their associated branded tactics. Executes creative pieces ensuring that the marketing objectives are met and that all projects are completed accurately and on schedule. Balancing creative thinking and interpersonal skills, this person will contribute to the development of creative strategy and justify creative concepts and executions to both the creative team and internal business partners.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Mastery of Adobe Creative Suite (In-Design, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat).
- Knowledge of Microsoft software applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Technical knowledge of file preparation and procedures
- Understanding and application of the principles and elements of design
- Strong sensibility for type, color, page layout and visual problem-solving
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner
- Ability to present creative ideas, provide rationale behind the work, and present at internal creative reviews; is receptive and open to input and feedback
- Motivated, flexible, detail-oriented, with strong organizational skills
- Experience working in a retail creative environment a plus
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant experience in an in-house creative department or marketing/ad agency
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or equivalent education and experience
About the Culture:
Our home office offers outstanding amenities in a fun and rewarding workplace including:
- Pet friendly environment, bring your pets to work!
- A work-life balance and family events such as movie nights, art events and holiday festivals
- “Top Dog” gym with equipment, fitness classes, massage therapists and personal trainers
- “Sit & Stay” Café serving fresh breakfast and lunch options
- Starbucks cart—productivity at its finest!
- “Lil’ Paws” learning center and onsite daycare facility
- Volunteer events with PetSmart Charities