Financial Analyst 2Location Phoenix, Arizona ID 2019-1620 Apply Now
Our Finance team ensure we are accountable and on track to company strategies. Their responsibilities include forecasting, in-season management, and analysis across business units. From sales and margin to operations and expenses, our Finance team provides consistent, accurate information to cross-functional partners to support PetSmart's growth initiatives. The ideal candidate should possess the ability to work independently in a fast changing, competitive environment, on cross-functional teams, while participating in complex projects and providing unique insights.
About the Job:
- Develop and manage budget and forecasts for business partners
- Complete weekly/monthly variance reporting for multiple department budgets
- Support accounting process for month end close with accruals and re-class activity for the business
- Build models to analyze data, explain variances and prepare presentation materials
- Partner with the business to provide insight on spending trends and cost savings initiatives
- Creating various reporting tools for analytics and ad hoc requests
- Perform variance and trend analysis while highlighting risks and opportunities in relation to budget, forecast, and prior years
- Prepare financial and analytical presentations and lead cost center owners through their monthly P&L Reviews
- Supports the Finance Manager/Director on key projects, analysis, and ad hoc requests
- Graduating December 2019 or May 2020 with a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, or related field. An advanced degree is strongly preferred.
- Advanced computer skills, i.e. MS Excel, Access, Word and PowerPoint Applications
- High level of analytical ability used in solving complex problems
- Understanding of accounting concepts with strong attention to detail
- Highly motivated, inquisitive, self-starter with the ability to multi-task and effectively manage priorities to meet deadlines
About the Culture:
Our home office offers outstanding amenities in a fun and rewarding workplace including:
- Pet friendly environment, bring your pets to work!
- A work-life balance and family events such as movie nights, art events and holiday festivals
- “Top Dog” gym with equipment, fitness classes, massage therapists and personal trainers
- “Sit & Stay” Café serving fresh breakfast and lunch options
- Starbucks cart—productivity at its finest!
- “Lil’ Paws” learning center and onsite daycare facility
- Volunteer events with PetSmart Charities