Facilities Project ManagerLocation Phoenix, Arizona ID 2019-1720 Apply Now
Our Real Estate teamtakes on the task of finding and managing over 1,600 stores, DCs, and offices. Their scope is pretty big, as we are a multi-national retailer with over 1,600 leased stores, offices, and distribution centers in the US, Canada, Puerto Rico, and Hong Kong. The team also supports new store growth through market analysis and research with the industry’s best data resources and analytical tools. In addition to supporting the stores, we work directly with the Real Estate Legal, Facilities, New Store Construction, and Finance teams.
About the Job:
The Facilities Project Manager is responsible for continuously identifying opportunities to improve policies/processes and to enhance efficiencies and exceed reactive repair expense control objectives. The Facilities Project Manager also drives performance and execution of the 3rd party facility administration and national repair vendor teams through management of contract SLA's, setting and measuring overall performance metric expectations and training account team associates and leaders to exceed facilities repair and maintenance requirements. This role provides 24/7/365 afterhours/weekend and Facilities related critical incident support for field, internal and external vendor partners.
Key competencies include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Proven project management skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational and interpersonal communication (i.e., verbal and written) skills
- Solid knowledge and understanding of computer applications (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Accurate and timely reporting of data
- Self-guided individual
- Able to demonstrate intermediate math skills/understanding, i.e. calculations, percentages, and budget management
- Able to demonstrate advanced negotiation skills, i.e. able to persuade, analyze, and dispute
- Able to demonstrate multitasking skills, i.e. able to handle multiple projects at one time
- Strong time management skills, i.e. produce work results that require legible reports, quick reference, and history documentation on projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Accountable for developing and implementing processes and overseeing projects to help control over $30 million in facility repairs and maintenance.
- Responsible for work order system data integrity including asset management, warranties, dispatch guidelines and dark/closed locations.
- Responsible for vendor management, training and process development/improvement. In order to control repair and maintenance costs and assuring service levels are exceeding expectations of the business.
- Reviews/approves service requests over $1000 in the work order management system.
- Analyzes data and identifies replacement, repair and maintenance challenges; shares opportunities with the team to research, test and measure and improve facilities programs.
- Facilities team liaison for other business partners such as LP Safety, Risk Management, Property Management, Construction, PetsHotel Operations, Salon Services and Store Operations departments regarding Critical Incidents and Crisis Management.
- Assists and educates store managers and field leaders in managing their building, equipment repair, maintenance services and budget.
- Provides escalation support; is the point of contact for PHO partners, stores and field leaders as it relates to facility vendor service levels and issues that arise after hours, weekends, holidays and critical incident/disaster response (24/7/365 support).
- Develops, reviews and approves disaster/critical incident project scopes with vendors and communicates all project aspects; ensures daily follow up with the store management team.
- Partners with internal partners, field and regulatory agencies to complete repairs and provide documentation to meet inspection requirements.
- Develops and improves processes and training documents for the department, our vendors and our store/field partners.
- Responsible for internal and external Facilities Fetch/SharePoint sites; this includes developing and managing content from various sources with team members.
- Responsible for proactively communicating with all business partners to ensure facilities repair processes are being followed to provide a clean and safe shopping experience for our customers and pets.
- Manages and directs vendors to complete reactive and scheduled projects; including but not limited to Roof Sweeps, Bunker remodels, Tenant Improvements, landlord requests and large scale reactive remediation.
- Ensures reactive and planned repairs and maintenance are executed in a timely manner and that assets are evaluated to determine repair vs. replace; manage projects and replaced asset data within the work order management system to provide business reports to leadership.
- Performs special projects at the direction of the department leaders.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree from four-year accredited college or university
- 5 years facility repair and maintenance experience in a retail company; or reasonable combination of education and facility experience; or 5 years facility repair and maintenance experience with 2 years project/vendor/people management.
- Tactical experience with retail field and facilities operations, processes, procedures and best practices in a multiple location retail environment.
- 3-5 years’ experience in project management, process improvement, facilities management, crisis management, disaster preparedness/response, retail operations, or other relevant business area.
About the Culture:
Our home office offers outstanding amenities in a fun and rewarding workplace including:
- Pet friendly environment, bring your pets to work!
- A work-life balance and family events such as movie nights, art events and holiday festivals
- “Top Dog” gym with equipment, fitness classes, massage therapists and personal trainers
- “Sit & Stay” Café serving fresh breakfast and lunch options
- Starbucks cart—productivity at its finest!
- “Lil’ Paws” learning center and onsite daycare facility
- Volunteer events with PetSmart Charities