We're growing at a faster pace than we ever have before, investing heavily in cutting-edge technology and, more importantly, our people. Our PetSmart IT team isn't just its own department; they are valued business partners to every area of our company. At every level, our IT associates are empowered to come up with the innovative ideas that have strategic impacts on the business. You'll take pride in the work that you do and the "why" behind it all - for the love of pets.
Life at PetSmart: Meet Mike!
Life at PetSmart: Phoenix
Life at Petsmart: My 3 words
It’s an exciting time in technology, and that buzz is felt throughout PetSmart! We are continuing to grow at a faster pace and we want to continue to provide best-in-class experiences for pets and pet parents. Our IT team has 4 different departments: Information Security, IT Service Delivery, Business Enabling Systems, and IT Commerce & Customer Engagement.
Whether it’s online or in our stores, the work that the IT team does is instrumental in PetSmart’s success. We have a strategic and actionable plan underway and are looking for associates who are just as excited about it as we are.
About the Job:
How this role will make an impact:
Is your passion to help accelerate the rate of change by ensuring the adoption of patterns and platforms that simplify product development? Do you enjoy working in a collaborative environment where you can help mature software engineering capabilities? Are you passionate about how data can help drive business innovation? Do you love pets and want to help PetSmart continue to be the trusted partner of Pet Parents and their pets?
PetSmart is looking for an IT Architect for the Enterprise Architecture team.
Your goals and responsibilities will include:
- Architecture & Systems Design
- Lead and facilitate the creation and ongoing evolution of technology roadmaps and strategies while involving all key stakeholders.
- Define the strategic vision of the enterprise through the integration of IT architecture solutions, design patterns, technical strategy and blueprints which forms the basis for application architecture across the enterprise
- Develop company business system architecture plans and review cost and feasibility of system requests while ensuring the plan supports the strategic needs of the company
- Create and present technical information in order to influence and gain the understanding of business as well as technical roles across the organization
- Define and champion architecture standards that align solution designs to the target enterprise architecture.
- Define, lead, and implement the enterprise infrastructure software architecture to enable rapid growth of our integration and internally developed platforms
- People & Team Influence
- Lead teams to create an atmosphere of trust
- Seek diverse views to encourage improvement and innovation
- Develop strong relationships within IT and the business (including vendors)
- This position does not supervise but does provide leadership of strategic architectural practices
- Financial Management
- Analyze the financial benefits of various solutions and articulate short-term and long-term cost implications
- May drive contracts/SOWs, oversee budgets; review expenditures and partner to analyze variances
What you’ll bring to the table:
- 8+ years experience years of industry experience in software development, including previous experience as an architect.
- 1-3 years experience with industry standard retail applications or equivalent experience
- 2-4 years experience using Cloud-based technologies to accelerate and improve the quality of software engineering
- 1-3 years experience in leading the implementation of highly-complex systems and business capabilities
- Demonstrated experience in architecting and implementing large scale solutions
- Strong analysis/troubleshooting skills
- Experience with 3rd-party middleware providers such as TIBCO and Azure Service Bus is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well with all levels of engineers and managers
- Demonstrated experience in organizational change management in support of process or technology change projects
- Bachelor's Degree required, in Computer Science or related field preferred, and 5+ years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
About the Culture:
Our home office offers outstanding amenities in a fun and rewarding workplace including:
- Pet friendly environment, bring your pets to work!
- A work-life balance and family events such as movie nights, art events and holiday festivals
- “Top Dog” gym with equipment, fitness classes, massage therapists and personal trainers
- “Sit & Stay” Café serving fresh breakfast and lunch options
- Starbucks cart—productivity at its finest!
- “Lil’ Paws” learning center and onsite daycare facility
- Volunteer events with PetSmart Charities
Pets keep us young and engaged in so many ways. So helping pet parents get what they need for their pets in the digital age is why I love my job. Even when work gets crazy, everywhere you look, there is a dog or cat who's ready to play. It's the perfect stress relief.Marc
Senior QA Analyst
WHY WORK WITH US?
We are the largest pet specialty retailer with no plans to slow down. We enjoy being top dog and we are constantly evolving with our customers. Oh, and we have puppies and kittens and fish and turtles and hamsters — whichever pet makes you smile, you’ll see them here at our home office!
WHY PETSMART IT?
Technology is ever-changing and our teams need to be able to grow and change just as quickly. That’s why we’ve created a Continuous Associate Transformation (CAT!) Program specifically for the IT team. Whether you want to grow your career by learning new skills or gain leadership experience, PetSmart provides an engaging environment and an actionable plan to support your growth.
We’re growing at a faster pace than ever before. We are building, automating, simplifying, and innovating technology that impacts millions of pets and pet parents. The best part? We don’t have to wait months or years to see changes. We are implementing change RIGHT NOW and it motivates us to keep going.
Seriously, why not? We can’t think of a reason why you wouldn’t love it here. What are you waiting for?!
Benefits / Perks
Medical, Dental, Vision
Performance Bonus, 401k Match, Deferred Compensation
Paid Time off:
Tuition Reimbursement, Professional Development, Online Learning
Dog Park, Fitness Center, Cafe
Onsite Childcare, Wellness Programs, Adoption Assistance
Financial Planning, Legal Assistance, Disaster Relief
Associate Discount, Relocation Assistance, Family Events
We value the diversity in knowledge, experience, and education that our candidates bring to PetSmart. However, those aren’t the only things that make our teams successful. Take a look at just a few of the traits we look for when hiring new associates.