Employment Brand Specialist - Content CreationLocation Phoenix, Arizona ID 2020-1919 Apply Now
Our Human Resources team defies all conventional expectations and is a business-connected solutions provider. The work we do directly aligns with the company’s core areas of focus, and we ensure that associates and leaders are ready to support those strategic objectives. Our HR team is comprised of different departments, including Talent Acquisition, HR business partners, Learning & Development, Compensation & Benefits, and Shared Services. We enable meaningful careers for all and build our AWEsome Associate Workplace Experience!
About the Job:
Are you a storyteller? Do you have a way of bringing ideas to life through design, copy or video? And, perhaps most importantly, are you a fan of PUPPIES?
Similar to how consumers research a product before purchasing, top candidates are also doing their research before applying to a company. Whether it’s browsing through social media, looking up Glassdoor reviews, or reading the careers website, candidates are looking for content that showcases what it is like to work for that company.
Ok, we know we’re a bit biased, but #lifeatpetsmart has a great culture that is felt throughout our 1600 stores, 7 distribution centers and 2 home offices in Arizona & Canada. Besides the previously mentioned PUPPIES (and kittens and hamsters and fish and birds and snakes), we have talented associates who are just as passionate about their careers as they are about pets.
That’s where YOU come in. We’re looking for an Employment Brand Specialist / Content Creator to celebrate and showcase all things #lifeatpetsmart. From filming events to designing graphics, we need a creative (and spirited!) individual to join our team.
What you’ll do:
As an Employment Brand Specialist / Content Creator, you will work within the following 3 areas:
- Create content that shares a story about what #lifeatpetsmart and #petsmartoncampus is like across the organization through video, animation, graphic design and copywriting
Brand / Social Media Strategy
- Manage day-to-day social media presence by generating, editing, publishing and sharing daily content that builds meaningful connections and increases engagement
Recruitment Marketing / Careers Website
- Assist in the rebranding of our careers website (happening this summer!) and ongoing content refreshes
You’ll be a great fit if you have:
- Strong design and editing skills (including Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, iMovie and similar). A portfolio or work samples will be required.
- An innate curiosity, a comfort with ambiguity, and the ability to take risks
- The ability to intelligently implement feedback on your creative work from teammates and business partners
- An engaging writing style that can be geared towards different audiences and the ability to edit/grammar check along the way.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, PR, English/Creative Writing, Graphic Design or related experience.
- May need to provide support or administrative tasks as needed
About the Culture:
Our home office offers outstanding amenities in a fun and rewarding workplace including:
- Pet friendly environment, bring your pets to work!
- A work-life balance and family events such as movie nights, art events and holiday festivals
- “Top Dog” gym with equipment, fitness classes, massage therapists and personal trainers
- “Sit & Stay” Café serving fresh breakfast and lunch options
- Starbucks cart—productivity at its finest!
- “Lil’ Paws” learning center and onsite daycare facility
- Volunteer events with PetSmart Charities