Director, Merchandise Planning & Allocation - Care and Clean-upLocation Phoenix, Arizona ID MP-18-6325 Apply Now
The Director Merchandise Planning and Allocation partners with the Director of Merchandise Buying to develop and lead overall division strategic vision, resources and execution plans that align with the corporate strategy. This position leads all aspects of the strategic development and execution of merchandise planning, space optimization, assortment planning with localization, optimizing the product life cycle to maximize margins, and allocation planning and execution in order to achieve sales, margin, turn and other KPI’s.
- Achieves Sales, Margin, and Inventory Turnover and other KPIs as designated to plan
- Lead development of team including recruiting and coaching to build organization talent
- Develop overall division strategy vision, policies, resources, and execution plans to align to the corporate strategy
- Directs development of Merchandise plan and all business metrics within
- Participates in the seasonal, annual, and long-range strategic and financial planning across a wide array of vendor, customer and merchandising segments.
- Leads, executes and measure performance against the business planning and product creation calendars to drive timely and informed decision making
- Supports the VP to present within various strategic meetings for the division (i.e. Direction Setting, Marketing Execution meetings, Line Reviews, Open-To-Buy, Vendor, QBR, and other meetings)
- Owns the end-to-end management of inventory, including service and in-stock levels and dollar levels; owns the setting of and achieving targets for inventory productivity to support the sales and gross margin plans, maintain high levels of promotional product availability during promotional periods while minimizing ad residue, and optimizing end-caps, drive aisle, and in-line story telling and integration consistent with consumer shopping patterns.
- Directs targets and creation of vendor demand plans. Effective and timely communication to vendors.
- In partnership with the pricing organization, supports delivering on the pricing strategy, optimizing margins across the life cycle, managing category elasticity, zone pricing, promotional price optimization, markdown optimization, and good/better/best pricing and assortment optimization and strategies while maintaining a deep understanding of competitor assortments and pricing.
- Collaborate with retail operations regarding sales driving opportunities
- Actively create and lead special projects that drive growth opportunities
- Execute division and category marketing plans in partnership with the Marketing Dept
- Build and submit division and category promotional plans including: Ads, Planner Locations, Promotional Offers, and Layouts,
- Develops the holistic understanding of category, consumer, and competitive dynamics; translates them into division portfolio plans that optimize revenue, margin, pricing and product cost
- Integrate processes and systems to optimize accuracy, efficiency, inventory productivity, space utilization, and margin optimization.
- Ability to develop and retain superior organization talent through coaching and teaching.
- Ability to build business strategies and lead team all stages of planning and executing those strategies.
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally to drive business strategies and initiatives.
- Ability to make operational decisions by incorporating analytics to improve sales and margin.
- Possess Strong Problem Solving Skills (Critical and evaluative thinking).
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in business from a 4 year college or university and 10+ years experience in merchandising planning and/or allocation; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of spreadsheets, word processing, decision support software, Outlook as well as SAP, JDA Intactix and DPR are helpful.