Director, Digital ExperienceLocation Phoenix, Arizona ID 2019-1406 Apply Now
The Customer Experience (Marketing) team works to showcase our brand through the lens of expertise and love, and to provide a personalized experience for our consumers backed by best-in-class, data-driven marketing capabilities.
The Customer Experience team focuses across 5 departments including, Marketing, Creative, Digital, Communications, and our Loyalty & CRM team. Everyone brings his or her own points of view to create a unique experience for our pets and pet parents.
About the Job:
Director, Digital Experience
The Director, Digital Experience is responsible for leading and evolving PetSmart’s Digital Commerce business through driving data-driven organization, innovation in technology, exceptional experience, developing people and teams, displaying financial acumen, and implementing partnerships across digital merchandising, digital operations and digital marketing, and the in-store teams. The objectives of this role are to grow revenue through the management of platform product roadmap and successful project delivery, optimize and drive business strategies with data, and lead us to be a data centric organization, maximize conversion through user experience and user interface design, and deliver the ultimate brand experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to:
- Create and develop platform product roadmap in conjunction with Senior Director, Digital to fulfill revenue and profit plans, changing consumer expectations and market conditions.
- Structure strategies to support continued growth in Digital Commerce business, with particular focus on developing and optimizing user experience and deliver monthly releases.
- Provide strategic guidance to A/B testing and usability testing practice.
- Obtain valuable insights from A/B testing process that drive significant improvements to overall KPIs for PetSmart.
- Own the Ecommerce P&L including EPMO projects, OG&A 3rd party services cost, and all platform related budget.
- Drive the overarching strategy for measurement of all business performance to drive revenue, customer acquisition and enhancing the online experience.
- Responsible for delivering all digital front end development assets for PetSmart digital properties accurately and in-step with the overall Enterprise Marketing calendar and site releases.
- Lead team to plan and execute EPMO projects successfully
- Identify and track emerging industry trends, influence new capabilities and help facilitate unique test and learn opportunities.
- Improve web conversion and profitability by optimizing user experience based on web analytics, usability testing, focus group, and customer feedback.
- Drive sales, profit and consumer experience metrics by leading a team and driving day-to-day execution of strategies, promotions, tactics and campaigns.
- Identify capabilities and digital experience needed to deliver sales.
- Continue to grow omni-channel strategies and execute plans including ensuring appropriate infrastructure and consumer experience strategies are in place.
- Analyze current and past trends, monitor performance indicators, highlight trends and analyzing causes of unexpected variances. Perform appropriate competitive analyses, benchmarking and research to drive solid ROI analysis and recommendations.
- Keep current with the latest eCommerce trends and technology to drive innovation and stay ahead of competition.
- Demonstrate strong decision-making skills with an ability to translate findings from analysis into business strategies.
- Manage all aspects of performance and development of direct reports to encourage professional growth.
KEY COMPETENCIES attributed to driving service include, but are not limited to the following:
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrate and articulate an understanding of how the technical solutions impact the business.
- Understand the latest technology trends, new functionality and market demands.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent time management, multi-tasking, and organizational skills
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft office applications, including intermediate capabilities with Excel and Word
- High degree of internet savvy, with a curiosity and enthusiasm for digital trends
- Excellent problem solving skills – able to identify, analyze and propose solutions to various technical and business issues
- Above average command of English; proficiency with a variety of writing styles
- Good design aesthetic and a strong ability to judge visual appearance, ensuring alignment with brand and enterprise standards
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, “self-starter” environment serving as a catalyst for change and managing multiple work streams simultaneously
- The ability to understand and explain complex issues, but also clearly identify and communicate the situation at a high level
- The ability to use and understand financial and numerical data to make decisions and influence outcomes
- Ability to synthesize data, identify trends and recommend viable solutions
- Exhibit professional initiative and entrepreneurial drive
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Business, Merchandising, Marketing or equivalent work experience
- 10+ years working in Digital Commerce
- 7+ years managing direct reports
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- 7+ years of experience working with an online platform (Demandware, GSI, WCA, or equivalent)
- 7+ years of experience working with analytics package (Omniture, Coremetrics or equivalent)
About the Culture:
Our home office offers outstanding amenities in a fun and rewarding workplace including:
- Pet friendly environment, bring your pets to work! Come see our very own Dog Park!
- A work-life balance and family events such as movie nights, art events and holiday festivals
- “Top Dog” gym with equipment, fitness classes, massage therapists and personal trainers (Amazing towel service and locker rooms)
- “Sit & Stay” Café serving fresh breakfast and lunch options (Healthy options, Vegan and Vegetarian, Comfort food options and Sushi)
- Starbucks cart—productivity at its finest!
- “Lil’ Paws” learning center and onsite daycare facility
- Volunteer events with PetSmart Charities
- Dry Cleaning and Shipping Services