Digital Program ManagerLocation Phoenix, Arizona ID 2020-1938 Apply Now
The Customer Experience (Marketing) team works to showcase our brand through the lens of expertise and love, and to provide a personalized experience for our consumers backed by best-in-class, data-driven marketing capabilities. The Customer Experience team focuses across 5 departments including, Marketing, Creative, Digital, Communications, and our Loyalty & CRM team. Everyone brings his or her own points of view to create a unique experience for our pet parents and pet parents.
About the Job:
The Digital Program Manager is responsible for leading multiple cross-functional project teams and work streams in managing project life cycle for Digital team. Including create business case, develop, manage, and report out project plan, risks, issues, budget, timeline, and resources, lead cross functional teams to define business requirements, obtain user interface from UX, facilitate system development and testing with IT and business teams, support implementation into production with IT, and execute change management in the area of readiness assessment, business process definition and documentation, training, communication, and marketing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to:
Leadership & Communication
- Effectively lead, manage, and positively motivate cross-functional teams to achieve program objectives.
- Leverage enterprise level critical thinking to ensure that individual digital work streams are appropriately scoped and supported with resources, budget, and timing.
- Responsible for effectively communicating program status updates in a timely and accurate manner to the program leadership team.
- Partner closely with the IT Program Manager to effectively lead the Digital Program and ensure organizational alignment and acceptance.
Program / Project Management
- Define an effective Program / Project Management Framework (and to lead project managers when applicable) and ensure program / project results meet/exceed expectations.
- Manage the execution of all workstreams through the standard program / project phase framework: Discovery, Define, Build, Test, Deploy, and Warranty.
- Partner with various business functional areas to drive on time business owned deliverables, such as requirement definitions, UX wireframe and page flow, UAT test cases, and change management related materials.
- Simultaneously manage multiple workstreams with varying degrees of complexity with the flexibility to step in where necessary to ensure success and alignment.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of program / project level status updates, workflow documents, timelines, budgets, resources, and risk & issue logs for multiple complex projects.
- When applicable, leads in the day-day management and development of project managers and manages the appropriate resource allocation and staffing of all program / project work streams.
- Oversees all program / project deliverables and ensures quality of process design and solution architecture to meet business needs.
- Lead and partner with cross functional team leaders and HR to assess business impact as result of program / project deployment and organizational readiness.
- Lead and partner with cross functional teams and HR in identify the pre business process; and development and documentation of post business process using standard methods and tools.
- Lead and partner with cross functional team leaders and HR to identify, develop, document, and implement necessary training to ensure team success.
- Lead and partner with cross functional teams to develop internal and external communication and marketing plan
- Act as the link between information technology capabilities (IS) and business objectives to ensure that new and improved business processes and capabilities are seamless across all systems and interfaces.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
- Exceptional critical thinking, problem solving, and program management skills.
- Ability to thrive and be flexible in a fast paced, entrepreneurial, and ambiguous work environment.
- Extensive knowledge of program & project management methods and standards.
- Extensive knowledge of change management, business process improvement methods and standards.
- Independent, high-energy and results driven with strong executive presence.
- Excellent communication, facilitation, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization and with external vendors.
- Cross-functional retail knowledge including eCommerce, Merchandising, Supply Chain, and Marketing business processes.
- Ability to manage large cross-functional teams and drive transformational change in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Problem solving and troubleshooting capabilities.
- Proficiency in Microsoft software including PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Project, and Visio.
- BA/BS degree in Merchandising, Business, Computer Science, or related field required.
- MBA preferred.
- PMP certification preferred.
- 10+ years of digital project management experience required
- 3+ years of program management experience preferred.
- Retail Industry experience preferred.
About the Culture:
Our home office offers outstanding amenities in a fun and rewarding workplace including:
- Pet friendly environment, bring your pets to work!
- A work-life balance and family events such as movie nights, art events and holiday festivals
- “Top Dog” gym with equipment, fitness classes, massage therapists and personal trainers
- “Sit & Stay” Café serving fresh breakfast and lunch options
- Starbucks cart—productivity at its finest!
- “Lil’ Paws” learning center and onsite daycare facility
- Volunteer events with PetSmart Charities