Digital Assistant BuyerLocation Phoenix, Arizona ID 2019-1441 Apply Now
The Customer Experience (Marketing) team works to showcase our brand through the lens of expertise and love, and to provide a personalized experience for our consumers backed by best-in-class, data-driven marketing capabilities. The Customer Experience team focuses across 5 departments including, Marketing, Creative, Digital, Communications, and our Loyalty & CRM team. Everyone brings his or her own points of view to create a unique experience for our pet parents and pet parents.
About the Job:
Managing Item Set Up for Web Display
- Responsible for consistent product presentation on PetSmart.com to ensure optimal shopping experience with levers such as categorization and attribution. This individual will review and sign off on attributes & category assignments and finalize titling.
- He/She will continue to challenge themselves and teams to learn and adapt categories and attributes that will provide optimal shopping experience and that will drive conversion on site and product pages
- Address and resolve inquires and customer concerns that are facilitated from Radial and Customer Care Team. Partner with these teams to help address and minimize customer issues and concerns.
- Partner with the Customer Care team to address customers’ product concerns and issues
- Purchases and manages the merchandise selection to maximize sales and margin and contribute to the business and financial goals of the merchandising group.
- Partner closely with the Business Optimization team to provide merchandising priorities and direction, influence merchandising mix within promotions
- Collaborates with PetSmart Store Buying and Planning teams to support category priorities, determine product lifecycle, exit strategy and inventory aging standards.
- Partner with Demand Planning and Replenishment teams to ensure inventory flow is optimized for profitability
- Manages product assortment and product specifications in assigned area(s) in order to identify and address opportunities within the business and the market to maximize sales and margin opportunities.
- Negotiates product costs, terms and shipping/returns issues. Act as liaison between merchandising, distribution center and stores in an effort to track shipments and floor purchase orders.
- Develops and manages vendor relationships in order to ensure the best prices, products and shipments.
- Identifies items to maximize promotional and marketing strategies to meet sales and margin goals.
- Assists with the development of business plans that maximize Sales & Margin Dollars, and Margin Percentage, based upon current business trends and additional internal business and external market factors.
- Participates in recommending, setting and approving product pricing strategies to achieve specific margin objectives, execute exit strategies and recommend appropriate markdowns.
- Works with other merchandising departments in managing the performance of the product lines through sales, promotion cost, markdowns, inventory, product quality, and selling costs.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Understanding of retail math concepts
- Excellent time management, multi-tasking, and organizational skills
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft office applications, including intermediate capabilities with Excel and Word
- High degree of internet savvy, with a curiosity and enthusiasm for digital trends
- Excellent problem-solving skills – able to identify, analyze and propose solutions to various technical and business issues
- Above average command of English; proficiency with a variety of writing styles
- Good design aesthetic and a strong ability to judge visual appearance, ensuring alignment with brand and enterprise standards
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, “self-starter” environment serving as a catalyst for change and managing multiple work streams simultaneously
- The ability to understand and explain complex issues, but also clearly identify and communicate the situation at a high level
- The ability to use and understand financial and numerical data to make decisions and influence outcomes
- Ability to synthesize data, identify trends and recommend viable solutions
- Exhibit professional initiative and entrepreneurial drive
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelors degree in Merchandising Management, Supply Chain Management, or Business Management
- 2+ years of merchandising experience
- 2+ years of experience in eCommerce buying experience
- 2+ years vendor negotiation experience
About the Culture:
Our home office offers outstanding amenities in a fun and rewarding workplace including:
- Pet friendly environment, bring your pets to work!
- A work-life balance and family events such as movie nights, art events and holiday festivals
- “Top Dog” gym with equipment, fitness classes, massage therapists and personal trainers
- “Sit & Stay” Café serving fresh breakfast and lunch options
- Starbucks cart—productivity at its finest!
- “Lil’ Paws” learning center and onsite daycare facility
- Volunteer events with PetSmart Charities