DC Leader In TrainingLocation Phoenix, Arizona | 7800 W Roosevelt St - Distribution Center 12 ID 42988041161-1606772164 Apply Now
At PetSmart, we believe pets make us better people. That’s why we create more moments for people to be inspired by pets.
PetSmart is looking for enthusiastic undergrads with the drive to develop into strong leaders. Let us help you jumpstart your career with the support you need to become a successful leader in our Distribution Center (DC) Leader in Training Program.
The Distribution Centers are the key to PetSmart’s thriving Supply Chain; without them we could not stock our shelves with the innovative products that our pet parents have come to expect. Each of these large buildings is hard at work moving merchandise, organizing our inventory and delivering great service to their clients: our stores. Our DC associates delight our customers by ensuring products are in the right place, at the right time.
Our DC Leader in Training Program offers you the opportunity to rotate through the various departments of a PetSmart Distribution Center learning the operational skills you’ll need to run your own department effectively. You’ll also build interpersonal and leadership skills that will give you the confidence to inspire and develop your associates. And you won’t be doing it alone; you’ll learn from experienced leaders and have a dedicated mentor to help you along the way. After twelve months in the program, you’ll be ready to assume the role of a DC Operations Supervisor for PetSmart. Unleash the leader you’re meant to be with the opportunity to explore our DC Leadership positions and achieve results in our organization.
Sound like something that would get your tail wagging? Then come join our team as a DC Leader in Training!
What will you do?
- Learn to lead a team of diverse associates from an experienced network of leaders
- Operate in a big box DC and get hands-on exposure to a Fortune 300 retailer’s supply chain
- Monthly conference calls with your cohort and various guest speakers
- Understand the different DC departments: receiving, replenishment, order fill, shipping, DC services, and the fish department
What’s in it for you?
- Structured leadership development curriculum
- Fast-paced, energetic work environment
- Supportive manager and dedicated mentor
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Exposure to supply chain leadership
What will you need?
- Bachelor’s degree (within the past 12 months or on track to graduate by December or May)
- Supply Chain, Operations, or Logistics Major preferred
- A passion for distribution center operations
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Strong leadership and coaching skills
- Openness to relocate and adapt to change
- An essential function of the position can include heavy lifting, up to and including 70 lbs.
- This position requires continuous standing and walking, up to and including 12 hour shifts
What are you waiting for? Click here to apply today and jump-start your career the smart way, with PetSmart!
PetSmart is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce, sustaining an inclusive and supportive work environment, and prohibiting harassment and discrimination in all aspects of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, genetics, and protected veteran status, as well as any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. We encourage applicants of all ages, as we do not discriminate on the basis of an applicant’s age. PetSmart participates in background, drug and E-Verify screenings as appropriate under Company policies and applicable law.
Applicants must be over the age of 18.42988041161-1606772164