DC InternLocation Phoenix, Arizona | 7800 W Roosevelt St - Distribution Center 12 ID 69407816609-1606772164 Apply Now
At PetSmart, we believe pets make us better people. That’s why we create more moments for people to be inspired by pets.
PetSmart is looking for enthusiastic undergrads with the drive to develop into strong leaders. Let us help you jumpstart your career with the support you need through our Distribution Center Leadership Intern Program.
The Distribution Centers are the key to PetSmart’s thriving Supply Chain; without them we could not stock our shelves with the innovative products that our pet parents have come to expect. Each of these large buildings is hard at work moving merchandise, organizing our inventory and delivering great service to their clients: our stores. Our DC associates delight our customers by ensuring products are in the right place, at the right time.
Our DC Distribution Center Leadership Intern Program offers you multiple opportunities to:
- Follow a structured learning path that will educate you on the functional areas of a PetSmart Distribution Center
- Enhance your personal leadership and communication skills in preparation for a leadership career in Supply Chain Management
Build interpersonal and leadership skills that will give you the confidence to inspire and develop associates. You’ll learn from experienced leaders and have a dedicated mentor to help you along the way. After ten (10) weeks in the program, you will have the foundational skills to be positioned to assume the role of a DC Operations Supervisor for PetSmart. Unleash the leader you’re meant to be with the opportunity to explore our leadership positions and achieve results in our organization.
Sound like something that would get your tail wagging? Then come join our team as a DC Intern!
What will you do?
- Learn the skills to lead a team of diverse associates from an experienced network of leaders
- Operate in a big box DC and get hands-on exposure to a Fortune 300 retailer’s supply chain
- Regular conference calls with other interns and DC’s to discuss the internship experience and any projects
- Understand the different DC departments at a high level: receiving, replenishment, order fill, shipping, DC services, and in some combo DC’s, the fish department
What’s in it for you?
- Structured curriculum
- Fast-paced, energetic work environment
- Supportive manager and dedicated mentor
- Competitive pay rate
- Exposure to supply chain leadership
What will you need?
- Student must be working towards a degree from a four (4) year college or university
- Ideal majors include (but are not limited to) Business, Supply Chain, Logistics
- Junior status (1 – 2 semesters remaining in school)
What are you waiting for? Click here to apply today to jump-start your career the smart way, with PetSmart!
PetSmart is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce, sustaining an inclusive and supportive work environment, and prohibiting harassment and discrimination in all aspects of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, genetics, and protected veteran status, as well as any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. We encourage applicants of all ages, as we do not discriminate on the basis of an applicant’s age. PetSmart participates in background, drug and E-Verify screenings as appropriate under Company policies and applicable law.
Applicants must be over the age of 18.