Database AdministratorLocation Phoenix, Arizona ID IT-18-6367 Apply Now
Sr. Systems Engineer (Database)
SUMMARYThis is a mid-level position on the Database Administration team. It is also a shift position starting atMonday to Friday8:00am to 5pm, with an on-call weekend rotation every 4 or 5 weeks. The principal duties for this role are 50% project driven and 50% support driven. This position provides an opportunity to play a key role on a dynamic, fast paced, collaborative and highly productive team.
- Maintains the organization’s databases across multiple platforms and computing environments.
- Analyzes and resolves issues related to information flow and content.
- Maintains database support tools, database objects, backup and recovery processes & procedures.
- Advise Data Architects and Developers on best practices in relation to data models, DDL/DML, and suggest areas of improvement for performance and efficiencies.
- Monitors database resource utilization and performance.
- Contributes to the library of documentation for database standards, maintenance and support.
- Ability to manage projects centered on databases supporting specialized applications.
- Keeping abreast of emerging technologies.
- Participation in a 24x7 on call rotation.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTSBachelor’s degree in Computer Science or an equivalent combination of related work experience and education.
Experience and technical skills required
- Oracle 11g/12c experience
RMAN, ASM, Enterprise Manager Cloud Control, RAC, database patches and upgrades, AWR\ASH analysis, PL/SQL skills, ability to provide recommendations on SQL changes and/or database modifications in order to improve performance
- SQL Server 2008 – SQL Server 2016
Transact-SQL skills, SQL Azure, database patches and upgrades, ability to provide recommendations on SQL changes and/or database modifications in order to improve performance, working knowledge of SSRS and SSIS
- Intermediate knowledge of AIX, Linux, and Windows operating systems
- UNIX shell scripting, PowerShell scripting
- Working knowledge of VMWare
- EMC Networker, Pure storage, Solarwinds DPA, and Toad experience is a plus
- DB2 experience is a plus
- A minimum of 4-5 years proven experience as an Oracle and SQL Server DBA
- Proven experience of managing multiple RDBMS on large, complex systems
PREREQUISITE COMMUNICATIONS AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS
- Independently identifies issues and enhancement possibilities and addresses documentation needs
- Able to communicate on both conceptual and technical areas in relevant technologies
- Able to communicate comfortably at all levels including corporate management
- Must be able to perform in a fast-paced environment on a very collaborative and highly productive team
- Able to work effectively in pressure situations
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to debug complex data issues and environments
- Excellent verbal and written skills