Data AnalystLocation Phoenix, Arizona ID IT-19-6532 Apply Now
How this role will make an impact:
PetSmart is the industry leader in specialty pet needs. Data is critical to the success of any retail organization, and at PetSmart, it is the lifeblood that drives value by providing the information to make strategic business decisions and process improvements. The Data Analyst will be responsible for supporting data analysis and business intelligence for the customer data foundation and data governance teams. This position is responsible for proactive discovery, development, implementation, maintenance, and support of customer data in the CDF echo system. This position is responsible for data mining and merging large amounts of rich data sources, ensuring data consistency, conducting analysis, making data-driven predictions to drive the profitable course of action, and creating visualizations to aid in understanding data. The incumbent supports a culture of operational excellence and partners with other areas of the business to optimize company strategic and financial outcomes.
Your goals and responsibilities will include:
- Provides data analysis and audits to identify and address the root cause of business problems and to make better-informed decisions.
- Focuses on the reduction of recurring issues through detailed issue resolution, training, and documentation.
- Acts as liaison between database administrator, business analyst and data architect to drive optimal architecture that delivers the business requirements.
- Develops key relationships with other departments/functions within the company to drive a culture of operational excellence and to optimize company strategic and financial outcomes.
- Managing master data, including creation, updates, and deletion including managing users and user roles.
- Profiles & monitors MDM data, works toward automation and Produces reports on MDM data quality
- Evaluating changes and updates to source production systems.
- Providing technical expertise in data storage structures, data mining, and data cleansing
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Requires knowledge normally obtained through a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Mathematics, Computer Science or related field.
- Requires proficiency typically obtained with 3+ years’ experience analyzing data business data in a retail or comparable environment.
- Retail experience is preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to present recommendations and influence business partners.
- Listens attentively and responds in a sensitive and appropriate manner, treating all with respect and dignity.
- Must have the aptitude and desire to learn new competencies and skills
- Analytical, with strong problem-solving abilities and creative resolution skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic environment and manage multiple priorities.
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel, and other systems as required.
- Experience with SQL, XML, JSON and reporting tools.
- Knowledge and experience about different types of databases such as SQL Server, Oracle, Netezza, and Database design structure are very important for this job.
About our IT team:
We’re growing at a faster pace than we ever have before, investing heavily in cutting-edge technology and, more importantly, our people.Our PetSmart IT team isn’t just its own department, they are valued business partners to every area of our company. At every level, our IT associates are empowered to come up with innovative ideas that have strategic impacts to the business. You’ll take pride in the work that you do and the “why” behind it all—for the love of pets.
Why you’ll love it here:
Our home office offers outstanding amenities in a fun and rewarding workplace including:
- Pet-friendly environment, bring your pets to work!
- A work-life balance and family events such as movie nights, art events and holiday festivals
- “Top Dog” gym with equipment, fitness classes, massage therapists and personal trainers
- “Sit & Stay” Café serving fresh breakfast and lunch options
- Starbucks cart—productivity at its finest!
- “Lil’ Paws” learning center and onsite childcare facility
- Volunteer events with PetSmart Charities