Customer & Marketplace AnalystLocation Phoenix, Arizona ID 2019-1792 Apply Now
Our Merchandise Planning and Allocation (MP&A) teams are the driving forces behind making the organization’s product visions available to our consumers through calculated and strategic measures. Your involvement in sales and margin forecasts, promotional performance analysis, inventory management, and vendor relationships will play a critical role in obtaining goals while maintaining PetSmart’s reputation in the market as a trusted partner to pet parents.
About the Job:
The Customer & Marketplace Analytics department is focused on providing key insights that challenge, inform and guide strategic decision making across the organization. This position is charged with monitoring the consumer and competitive environment; providing industry and shopper insights through objective and unbiased analysis to drive data-driven decision making.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain recurring reports which track company and competitive performance, identifying areas of growth across categories, product lines as well as shifts in shopper behavior.
- Establish processes and models for integrating disparate data sources to create a unified cohesive structure for reporting across merchandising divisions.
- Analyze and integrate data from 3rd party providers (Nielsen POS, Household Panel, Euromonitor, & Packaged Facts) to identify and consolidate industry best practices and trends. Extract key findings and results into synthesized and actionable deliverables for merchandising and planning objectives within PetSmart.
- Collaborate with cross functional internal and external business partners to develop business plans, actionable insights, and reporting capabilities to be leveraged in both strategic initiatives and day to day decision making.
Required Knowledge, Attitudes, Skills and Abilities
- Exceptional analytical and critical thinking abilities with a broad understanding of business, financial analytical, statistical and strategic concepts.
- Ability to thrive under pressure, combining accuracy with a sense of urgency to deliver exceptional work under tight deadlines
- Excellent storytelling skills; present complex information in a concise, compelling way across all levels of the organization through presentations, dialogue, and written communication
- Proactive self-starter with an ability to independently ramp up on projects
Position Requirements, Education And / Or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required, with a focus in Business, Analytics, or Market Research.
- Demonstrated strong skill set in conducting secondary research and applying advanced excel and PowerPoint techniques.
- Experience utilizing data: Nielsen/IRI POS, Panel, or Retailer specific data (84.51, Shopper view.)
- 2+ years of progressively more responsible experience in either market analytics, retail analytics, or category management.
About the Culture:
Our home office offers outstanding amenities in a fun and rewarding workplace including:
- Pet friendly environment, bring your pets to work!
- A work-life balance and family events such as movie nights, art events and holiday festivals
- “Top Dog” gym with equipment, fitness classes, massage therapists and personal trainers
- “Sit & Stay” Café serving fresh breakfast and lunch options
- Starbucks cart—productivity at its finest!
- “Lil’ Paws” learning center and onsite daycare facility
- Volunteer events with PetSmart Charities