Corporate Merchandise Fulfillment TraineeLocation Phoenix, Arizona ID MP-18-6426 Apply Now
Looking for a career you’ll really love? At PetSmart, we love pets, and we believe pets make us better people. Join us in making the world a better place through the power of pets!
PetSmart is looking for graduating candidates excited to jump start their career managing the inventory of a Fortune 500 retailer. In our new corporate Merchandise Fulfillment Trainee role, participants will gain exposure to the ins and outs of managing a category of merchandise while partnering with and learning from vendors and PetSmart professionals in merchandising, store operations, supply chain, and inventory planning.
Based out of our Phoenix Home Office, the Merchandise Fulfillment Trainee will follow a specific training program designed to prepare him or her for a role as a Merchandise Fulfillment Inventory Analyst. As the foundation for all of PetSmart’s operations, associates at our Phoenix Home Office (PHO) thrive in a collaborative culture where being the trusted partner to parents and pets in every moment of their lives is priority number one.
But we’re not just smart about pets; we’re smart about people too. PHO associates have the opportunity to build relationships in a fun, inclusive environment focused on caring for each other, our customers, and the communities we work and live in. From taking part in leadership workshops to volunteering at the local animal shelter, everything we do aims to help bring pet parents closer to their pets so that they can live more fulfilled lives.
Are we barking up the right tree? Then come join our team as a corporate Merchandise Fulfillment Trainee!
IF THE “UPLOAD RESUME” BUTTON DOES NOT WORK PLEASE USE THE “CUT AND PASTE” METHOD TO SHARE YOUR RESUME. THANK YOU.
What will you do?
- Learn from the best. Engage in a program that will prepare you for future responsibilities as a Merchandise Fulfillment Inventory Analyst:
- Make sure the right product is at the right location at the right time.
- Achieves sales, margin, inventory turnover, and other KPIs as designated to plan.
- Manage store in-stocks, purchase order on-time, and fill rate.
- Implement best practices and identify opportunities for improvement to support positive growth in sales/margin, drive cost reductions, and enable a strong cross-functional team.
- Build relationships with a group of diverse-minded, fun, and inclusive teammates.
- Grow and develop. PetSmart associates have access to in-person and online learning and development opportunities year-round.
- Make a difference! Outside of making a difference to pet parents, Phoenix Home Office associates also have the opportunity to volunteer in our community with eight paid hours of volunteer time per year.
What’s in it for you?
- Take advantage of the one-on-one support of a dedicated mentor who’s been in your shoes.
- Connect and socialize with other PetSmart associates early in their career as part of the StartSmart associate resource group.
- Get comfortable while you do your best work here! PHO associates enjoy a jeans casual dress code every day of the week.
- Did we mention you can bring your pet to work with you every day? From our Oops! cleanup stations to our on-site dog park we’re sure your pet will love it here!
- While you’re here, take advantage of the many amenities at our Phoenix Home Office including an on-site café, gym, and daycare, Starbucks® Coffee Cart, dry-cleaning, and copy/shipping services.
What will you need?
- Current undergraduate or graduate (MBA or Master’s) student pursuing a degree in a data analytics, retail, supply chain, or other business discipline, on track to graduate December 2018 or May 2019.
- Solid critical thinking ability; analytical skills are highly utilized in this role.
- Ability to harness creative thinking to explore innovative ideas for continuous improvement.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Must be able to produce work in a collaborative, team environment.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is required.
- Previous internship or work experience in retail and in an inventory planning, buying, or supply chain capacity is strongly preferred.
What are you waiting for? Apply today and use your passion for pets to jumpstart your career! For more information on opportunities with PetSmart, visit us at careers.petsmart.com, like our Facebook page or connect with us on LinkedIn!
PetSmart, Inc. was founded in 1987 in Phoenix, Arizona and has become the leading provider of products, services, and solutions for the lifetime needs of pets. PetSmart currently employs over 52,000 associates and operates more than 1,500 stores in the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico. In addition, the company operates over 200 in-store PetsHotel dog and cat boarding facilities and Doggie Day Camps, and is a leading online provider of pet supplies and pet care information.
Since 1994, the company has partnered with PetSmart Charities, Inc., an independent, nonprofit organization that creates and supports programs that save the lives of homeless pets. As the largest funder of animal welfare efforts in North America, PetSmart Charities has provided more than $245 million in grants and programs benefiting animal welfare agencies. In addition, its in-store adoption program has helped save the lives of over 6 million pets!
PetSmart is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce, sustaining an inclusive and supportive work environment, and prohibiting harassment and discrimination in all aspects of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, genetics, and protected veteran status, as well as any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. We encourage applicants of all ages, as we do not discriminate on the basis of an applicant’s age. PetSmart participates in background, drug and E-Verify screenings as appropriate under Company policies and applicable law.