Contract Production ManagerLocation Phoenix, Arizona ID PD-19-6698 Apply Now
How this role will make an impact:
The Contract Production Manageris responsible for inventory, finished goods production, material planning, ordering, and projections for the Contract Manufacturing facilities and Packaging Suppliers to ensure optimal in stocks. Provides effective project management for key business growth and productivity improvement initiatives with Contract Manufacturers. Act as a liaison and point of contact between key Contract Manufacturers and the functional departments within the Operating Groups. Work with internal teams including transportation, DC’s and MP&A. Manage run out plans for discontinued items, and initial buys for new items.
Your goals and responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for the overall operational management of our external contract manufacturing network while ensuring alignment to strategic goals and objectives of our supply chain.
- Help develop overall proprietary brand production management strategy to deliver on innovation and product optimization goals.
- Help to optimize the flow of inventory from receipt of raw materials to deployment of finished goods; drive inventory accuracy and real time visibility to production.
- Ensure raw material, packaging, and finished good suppliers meet on time delivery and supply demands
- Work between internal stakeholders and supplier to develop accurate demand forecast and timely production scheduling for both domestic and international suppliers.
- Responsible for planning and replenishment of special projects including sample bags, online and retail forecast consolidation.
- Drives production lead time optimization and production efficiency cost reductions.
- Maintains product commercialization production timeline to gain go-no go decisions on projects from project sponsors (New launches/refreshes)
- Responsible for operations and supply chain execution of our external manufacturing sites including measuring performance tracking KPIs and holding regular reviews with our key partners including MP&A, Product Development, and Brand to ensure consistent performance.
- Aid in tracking of packaging, production planning, PO shortages, and inventory.
- Collaborate with MP&A, Brand and co-manufacturers to minimize packaging and finished good inventory when rationalizing. Ensure in stock of packaging and finished goods in accordance with reset timelines.
- Drive continuous improvement in process or production efficiency, supply chain optimization, deliver cost reduction, and manage the co-manufacturing/co-packing discipline in compliance with Internal Controls and Best Practices.
- Analyze manufacturing best practices within facilities and look to implement these practices into the key strategic Contract Manufacturers
What you’ll bring to the table:
- BS degree in Engineering, Technology, Supply Chain Management, Business, or Operations (3+ years of plant operations, engineering, supply chain, planning, distribution, and/or procurement experience preferred).
About our Sourcing & Production Management Team:
- One of PetSmart’s strategic initiatives is to ensure that our proprietary brands are market leading products that continue to grow as a portion of the company’s overall sales. We are investing heavily in building a world-class team to support this strategy, including a sourcing and production management team tasked with finding new manufacturing partners, as well as managing these key relationships around production planning, inventory management, and supply chain efficiency.
Why you’ll love it here:
Our home office offers outstanding amenities in a fun and rewarding workplace including:
- Pet friendly environment, bring your pets to work!
- A work-life balance and family events such as movie nights, art events and holiday festivals
- “Top Dog” gym with equipment, fitness classes, massage therapists and personal trainers
- “Sit & Stay” Café serving fresh breakfast and lunch options
- Starbucks cart—productivity at its finest!
- “Lil’ Paws” learning center and onsite daycare facility
- Volunteer events with PetSmart Charities
If you are havingdifficulty with the "Upload Resume" button please use the "Copy and Paste" method to share your resume. Thank you.