Business Optimization SpecialistLocation Phoenix, Arizona ID 2019-1533 Apply Now
- The Customer Experience (Marketing) team works to showcase our brand through the lens of expertise and love. They work to provide a personalized experience for our consumers backed by best-in-class, data-driven marketing capabilities. The Customer Experience team focuses across 5 departments including, Marketing, Creative, Digital, Communications, and our Loyalty & CRM team. Everyone brings his or her own point of view to create a unique experience for the pets and pet parents.
About the Job:
Reporting to the Senior Manager, the Business Optimization Product Information Associate will be responsible for the overall product information integrity across all platforms (website and app), including accuracy of information. The position will manage customer product inquiries, solution center product tickets, competitive analysis, and have a hyperfocus on accuracy of information for proprietary brands and key categories, especially within our Product Detail Pages.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to:
- Identifies opportunities to optimize the digital product detail based on customer and competitive insights, brand strategy and Digital initiatives.
- Become an expert in numerous product categories and ensures image and content are properly represented based on customer feedback.
- Review and analyze online competitor product presentation. Report findings and provide appropriate counter-strategies to help drive product page conversion.
- Research feedback from all available resources: customer service, customer feedback reporting, product ratings and reviews, social media, store partners and utilize the information to optimize the product detail information.
- Address and resolve inquires and customer concerns that are facilitated from Radial and Customer Care Team. Partner with these teams to help address and minimize customer issues and concerns.
- Optimize and rectify product information online (PDP Pages, Titles, etc.) for proprietary brands and high-volume categories to identify and address opportunities to maximize sales and margin opportunities.
- Partner with digital merchandising to identify key business initiatives and plan for execution.
- Displays extreme level of understanding, compassion, professionalism and attention to detail in both oral and written communication to effectively correspond with the customer regarding their concerns.
- Builds and uses trend information to analyze data collected over a period of time.
- By observing these trends, identify the pattern of problem occurrence over time.
- Analyze the causes that are associated with the unfavorable trends and work with the appropriate area of the business to help develop and present solutions to overcome the concerns to help drive conversion.
- Possesses a reasonable level of knowledge in areas of the business in order to effectively analyze and resolve complaints related to product information.
- Has complete understanding of SSG hierarchy and departments in order to seek out those areas required bringing about a resolution.
KEY COMPETENCIES attributed to driving service include, but are not limited to the following:
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong customer focus and proven track record of applying customer insights and trends to proposed digital solutions.
- Excellent time management, multi-tasking, and organizational skills
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft office applications, including intermediate capabilities with Excel and Word
- High degree of internet savvy, with a curiosity and enthusiasm for digital trends
- Excellent problem solving skills – able to identify, analyze and propose solutions to various technical and business issues
- Above average command of English; proficiency with a variety of writing styles
- Good design aesthetic and a strong ability to judge visual appearance, ensuring alignment with brand and enterprise standards
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, “self-starter” environment serving as a catalyst for change and managing multiple work streams simultaneously
- Exhibit professional initiative and entrepreneurial drive
- Willingness to learn new tools such as Google Analytics, PAW, etc.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Merchandising, Marketing or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years of experience in digital and/or merchandising
- 4+ years of experience in customer service
- Intermediate MS Office Experience (Excel, Word and Powerpoint) preferred.
- Demonstrates superior knowledge of the retail environment and requirements for superior customer interaction.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of PetSmart product lines to better analyze customer needs and create solutions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
About the Culture:
Our home office offers outstanding amenities in a fun and rewarding workplace including:
- Pet friendly environment, bring your pets to work!
- A work-life balance and family events such as movie nights, art events and holiday festivals
- “Top Dog” gym with equipment, fitness classes, massage therapists and personal trainers
- “Sit & Stay” Café serving fresh breakfast and lunch options
- Starbucks cart—productivity at its finest!
- “Lil’ Paws” learning center and onsite daycare facility
- Volunteer events with PetSmart Charities