Benefits AdministratorLocation Phoenix, Arizona ID 2019-1496 Apply Now
Our Human Resources team defies all conventional expectations and is a business-connected solutions provider. The work we do directly aligns with the company’s core areas of focus, and we ensure that associates and leaders are ready to support those strategic objectives. Our HR team is comprised of different departments, including Talent Acquisition, HR business partners, Learning & Development, Compensation & Benefits, and Shared Services. We enable meaningful careers for all and build our AWEsome Associate Workplace Experience!
About the Job:
This position is responsible for efficiently and accurately answering and resolving HR Shared Services and benefit related questions and processing a high volume of transactions and system audits. This position acts as the first point of contact for associates regarding HR Shared Services needs, including Payroll, Onboarding, Associate Relations, HRIS, Compensation, etc. This position also assists in the administration of all employee benefit plans including life, health, dental, vision, disability, flexible spending accounts, 401(k), and leave of absence.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Acts as initial point of contact for associates and leaders regarding HR Shared Services needs.
- Provides timely customer service and advice on the provisions of all benefit programs in accordance with the PetSmart Summary Plan Description (SPD) and other plan documents. Also responsible for resolving eligibility issues, navigating associates through the enrollment website and researching claim payment problems.
- Performs administrative tasks, such as sorting mail and forwarding appropriately, responding to the HR Shared Services and Benefits email box, contacting vendors to research and resolve insurance issues, and assisting teammates with various overflow tasks and projects to include maintaining and tracking annual dependent eligibility.
- Navigates the SAP system to verify and access information, process benefit election updates, and assist with audit projects to ensure data integrity.
- Maintains Excel and Word applications for record keeping of phone calls, qualified status change forms, late enrollments, and customer communications to drive consistency and compliance.
- Records, reconciles, and deposits weekly premium payments for all U.S. associates while out on leave of absence. This process involves manual data processing of premium arrear payments, running and maintaining SAP reports to manually balance and manipulate data to generate correspondence for collection of arrear payments, and initiating payroll deductions. This function is a manual process that directly supports budgetary savings impact to the company.
- Supports Benefits team with projects as assigned, including Cobra enrollment, Life insurance claims, 401(k) funding, weekly and monthly billing, vendor error reports, court orders, Tuition Assistance, etc.
- Processes qualified event status changes daily in accordance with policy.
- Responds to various types of benefit and employment verification requests.
- Participates in annual open enrollment process by assisting associates with plan elections and participating in year-end auditing for accuracy.
- Facilitates new associate orientation programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university, or certificate preferred.
- 1 - 2 years experience in benefits program administration, healthcare, or customer service required, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Able to demonstrate the ability to articulate effectively.
- Able to demonstrate patience and confidentiality when handling client requests, questions and/or concerns.
- Able to demonstrate intermediate proficiency in Microsoft office applications (Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Able to demonstrate basic proficiency in the SAP application environment.
- Must possess excellent problem-solving, analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Must possess outstanding organizational skills, including attention to detail.
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
PHYSICAL DEMANDS and WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment are characteristic of those found in a typical office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable those with disabilities to perform essential functions.
About the Culture:
Our home office offers outstanding amenities in a fun and rewarding workplace including:
- Pet friendly environment, bring your pets to work!
- A work-life balance and family events such as movie nights, art events and holiday festivals
- “Top Dog” gym with equipment, fitness classes, massage therapists and personal trainers
- “Sit & Stay” Café serving fresh breakfast and lunch options
- Starbucks cart—productivity at its finest!
- “Lil’ Paws” learning center and onsite daycare facility
- Volunteer events with PetSmart Charities