Associate Product DesignerLocation Phoenix, Arizona ID PD-18-6410 Apply Now
Associate Product Designer - PetSmart
This position is responsible for supporting the Product Design Director in conceptualizing and executing seasonal themes and core collections. This role requires enthusiasm, fresh thinking and a unique perspective. Also, key to this role is a positive attitude, ability to receive feedback and love of learning. Entry level candidates encouraged to apply.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participates in development of seasonal and core product direction
- Supports Product Designer in creating, and executing final designs
- Assist and contribute in all phases of a project, from initial exploratory through project release as needed.
- Assist in creating design specifications and finalizes artwork for hand-off to the product development team.
- Works with Product Designer to create, concept, and design options for their category
- Updates concept boards and assist Design team in preparing for presentations
- Researches trends and patterns for upcoming seasons, and assist in creating original prints, patterns, and graphics
- Assist in developing key seasonal direction for items, fabrics, and trims
- Collaborates with cross-functional partners, including product development, buying, brand, and legal
- Attends and participates in weekly design meetings
- Travel: Up to 5% including domestic trips
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Product Design, Graphic Design, or related field.
- Requires proficiency typically obtained with 3+ years progressive design experience in a retail, manufacturing, or comparable environment.
- Experience in designing apparel, accessories, home goods, cut and sew soft goods, and toys.
- Knowledge of basic manufacturing methods in a variety of materials is a plus.
- Knowledge of fabrics and garment construction a plus
- Experience in designing and modifying prints, patterns and graphics
- Intermediate mastery of design skills/concepts
- Knowledge and experience in creating, and updating tech packs and detail/ technical sketches
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to effectively communicate information
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and knowledge in retail market trends
- Must be able to work in fast paced environment, where priorities can change quickly.
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- 3d Rendering and CAD modeling experience is a plus
- Experience in creating and editing product illustrations and technical flats
- Must be able to produce work in a collaborative, team environment
- Must be able to manage multiple projects and deadlines at once.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is required.
- Portfolio of work samples will be required.
- Hand sketching and visual presentation skills are required.