Associate Package Designer (PetSmart Proprietary Brands - Entry Level Graphic Designer)Location Phoenix, Arizona ID PD-18-6400 Apply Now
Associate Package Designer - PetSmart Proprietary Brands
Reporting to the Art Director of Proprietary Brand Packaging, the Associate Package Designer provides creative thinking and problem solving to assist/support on a wide variety of packaging project types and at various stages in the design development process. This candidate should be detail oriented, highly organized and perform basic 2D and 3D design. Working closely with design, content and production members of the Proprietary brand creative team, this candidate will create and support brand strategies/project objectives. This role requires enthusiasm, fresh thinking and a unique perspective. Also, key to this role is a positive attitude, ability to receive feedback and love of learning.
Entry level candidates encouraged to apply.
Please include your Portfolio, along with your Resume, to be considered when applying for this exciting opportunity!
If you are having difficulty with the "Upload Resume" button please use the "Copy & Paste" method to share your resume. Thank you.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist and contribute in all phases of a packaging project, from initial exploratory through project release as needed.
- Create ideas that are on-strategy and meet design objectives as outlined in creative briefs.
- Clearly communicate design solves to Senior Package Designer and Art Director.
- Assist and support Senior Package Designer and Art Director on key initiatives/photoshoots.
- Must have a problem-solving mindset and fosters a positive team attitude.
- Balance creative aesthetic and production considerations.
- Attention to detail is a must as well as having the ability to develop organized production ready design files. May be required to develop production artwork when needed.
- General understanding of file color management and Pantone® Color Library systems.
- Develop solid understanding of production techniques including organized file build and an understanding of color separation and printing process.
- Comply with established packaging budgets and cost saving initiatives.
- Be accountable for timelines and quality of work.
- Ensures that all proprietary brand packaging conforms to U.S. and Canadian packaging regulations.
- Ability to assist and conform to internal brand standards and guidelines that will strengthen brands and ensure brand consistency.
- Flexibility to take on unexpected challenges and opportunities in an effort to grow and learn.
- Ability to react quickly, act with a sense of urgency to meet the needs of the fast-paced retail industry.
- Experience with 3D applications including manipulating models, image mapping and rendering a plus.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- 4-year degree in graphic design or related field.
This position has very minor responsibility to the packaging budget.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office and advanced level in Adobe Creative Suite.