Associate Marketing ManagerLocation Phoenix, Arizona ID 2019-1665 Apply Now
The Customer Experience (Marketing) team works to showcase our brand through the lens of expertise and love. They work to provide a personalized experience for our consumers backed by best-in-class, data-driven marketing capabilities. The Customer Experience team focuses across 5 departments including, Marketing, Creative, Digital, Communications, and our Loyalty & CRM team. Everyone brings his or her own point of view to create a unique experience for the pets and pet parents.
About the Job:
The Associate Marketing Manager will be responsible for assisting in the development and implementation of marketing strategies and tactic level plans to drive events and experiential marketing at PetSmart.
He/she will have deep understanding of strategic marketing, project management and retail event planning. This person will also be responsible for becoming a strategic business leader who can merry key business insights with experiential marketing plans to drive results. The successful candidate will be able to quickly establish rapport, credibility, trust, and respect with peers, cross-functional partners and management. He/she will be detail-oriented and proactive, as well as strategic, with a passion for results.
- Lead marketing programs from inception through implementation while ensuring alignment with company strategies and standards through cross-functional leadership and collaboration
- Use a customer lens along with knowledge of emerging marketing tactics, to build impactful and efficient marketing plans to drive the business
- Partner cross-functionally to execute against business priorities
- Develop and gain alignment on marketing plans, write creative briefs, track project progress and ensure on time/budget execution
- Update internal partners & marketing leadership on the results from various initiatives, including key measurements, learnings and next steps
- Manage forecast, tracking and accuracy of assigned budget line items
- Act as ambassador for Experiential Marketing in communicating strategies, tactics and results cross functionally as appropriate
- Provide influential communications to gain alignment on plans that will drive the business with flexibility to pivot when warranted
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree and 2-3 years related experience in marketing, communications or customer experience
- Must have the ability to simultaneously manage a large number of projects and priorities
- Strategic marketing development and management is preferred
- Highly organized, collaborative work style and strong project management skills are essential
- Requires the ability to analyze data, develop new ideas and test new programs to drive sales
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft software applications
About the Culture:
Our home office offers outstanding amenities in a fun and rewarding workplace including:
- Pet friendly environment, bring your pets to work!
- A work-life balance and family events such as movie nights, art events and holiday festivals
- “Top Dog” gym with equipment, fitness classes, massage therapists and personal trainers
- “Sit & Stay” Café serving fresh breakfast and lunch options
- Starbucks cart—productivity at its finest!
- “Lil’ Paws” learning center and onsite daycare facility
- Volunteer events with PetSmart Charities