Associate IT Specialist
We're growing at a faster pace than we ever have before, investing heavily in cutting-edge technology and, more importantly, our people. Our PetSmart IT team isn't just its own department; they are valued business partners to every area of our company. At every level, our IT associates are empowered to come up with the innovative ideas that have strategic impacts on the business. You'll take pride in the work that you do and the "why" behind it all - for the love of pets.
Life at PetSmart: Meet Mike!
Life at PetSmart: Phoenix
Life at Petsmart: My 3 words
If you are havingdifficulty with the "Upload Resume" button please use the "Copy and Paste" method to share your resume. Thank you.
The IT Specialist provides front line IT technical support for user generated requests and incidents related to PETSMART devices, computers, software / hardware, networks and production environments. This includes incident / problem triage, analysis, documentation, remote support, and remote eyes/hands for higher tiered analysis. In order to assist PetSmart end users, the IT Specialist must possess the IT technical knowledge required for troubleshooting and the customer service skills to interact with individuals who are experiencing technical problems with IS services.
- Provide tiered support for call in or email generated incidents and tasks. Manage the incidents or tasks using the incident management, Knowledge Base and request fulfillment processes, in line with Service Desk objectives. Maintain all entered activity data for timeliness, accuracy, relevancy, escalation and status.
- Perform complex, multi-step functions via documentation or verbal, record/report findings or gaps, escalate as needed. Functions include, but are not limited to: Disk Imaging, New Hire Setup, file transfers, application install/upgrade/patch, explaining needed steps to end users and cable re-seating. This could involve leading these actions via phone.
- Propose and create new documentation and make modifications to existing if needed. Leverage knowledge management system for incident resolution.
- Utilize problem solving skills to diagnose to resolve incidents via on-site and remote functions such as:
o Software/Firmware: patch/install/deinstall/upgrade/downgrade
o Hardware: repair/replace/upgrade/install/deinstall
On Call and Off Hour Coverage required; Other Duties as required.
1 to 3 years experience of basic computer and/or network support required.
Knowledge & Skills:
• Customer Service Orientation
• Microsoft Suite knowledge
• Knowledge of trouble ticket systems
• Ability to troubleshoot device level hardware issues to cause
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to follow documented process steps
• Stress tolerance
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Basic understanding of computer terminology, end user computer devices and network types (including mobile devices)
• Familiarity with incident ticketing processes
Preferred: Experience with Service Now (not a must have)
Pets keep us young and engaged in so many ways. So helping pet parents get what they need for their pets in the digital age is why I love my job. Even when work gets crazy, everywhere you look, there is a dog or cat who's ready to play. It's the perfect stress relief.Marc
Senior QA Analyst
WHY WORK WITH US?
We are the largest pet specialty retailer with no plans to slow down. We enjoy being top dog and we are constantly evolving with our customers. Oh, and we have puppies and kittens and fish and turtles and hamsters — whichever pet makes you smile, you’ll see them here at our home office!
WHY PETSMART IT?
Technology is ever-changing and our teams need to be able to grow and change just as quickly. That’s why we’ve created a Continuous Associate Transformation (CAT!) Program specifically for the IT team. Whether you want to grow your career by learning new skills or gain leadership experience, PetSmart provides an engaging environment and an actionable plan to support your growth.
We’re growing at a faster pace than ever before. We are building, automating, simplifying, and innovating technology that impacts millions of pets and pet parents. The best part? We don’t have to wait months or years to see changes. We are implementing change RIGHT NOW and it motivates us to keep going.
Seriously, why not? We can’t think of a reason why you wouldn’t love it here. What are you waiting for?!
Benefits / Perks
Medical, Dental, Vision
Performance Bonus, 401k Match, Deferred Compensation
Paid Time off:
Tuition Reimbursement, Professional Development, Online Learning
Dog Park, Fitness Center, Cafe
Onsite Childcare, Wellness Programs, Adoption Assistance
Financial Planning, Legal Assistance, Disaster Relief
Associate Discount, Relocation Assistance, Family Events
We value the diversity in knowledge, experience, and education that our candidates bring to PetSmart. However, those aren’t the only things that make our teams successful. Take a look at just a few of the traits we look for when hiring new associates.