Associate IT Engineer (Tier 2 - Store Support)Location Phoenix, Arizona ID IT-19-6468 Apply Now
Associate IT Engineer (Tier 2 – Store Support)
How this role will make an impact:
The Associate IT Engineer provides store network and server support for incident, requests, and tasks. Manage the incidents or tasks using the incident management, Knowledge Base and request fulfillment processes, in line with Store Support Engineer objectives. Maintain all entered activity data for timeliness, accuracy, relevancy, escalation, and status. Additionally, performing complex, multi-step troubleshooting.
Your goals and responsibilities will include:
- Troubleshooting POS server and network related issues through diagnostic techniques and pertinent qualifying questions
- Proficiency with incident ticketing processes
- Determine the best resolution for generated incident problem or request
- The capability of learning POS server terminology, Network concepts, and other technologies within a retail environment
- Consult to determine issues that should be escalated
What you’ll bring to the table:
- 1 year+ experience in maintaining and troubleshooting server and network support required
- Able to work the overnight shift (6:00 pm – 4:00 am), Monday – Friday.
- Customer Service Orientation
- Microsoft Suite knowledge
- Knowledge of trouble ticket systems. Experience with ServiceNow highly preferred.
- Ability to troubleshoot device level hardware issues to cause
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to follow documented process steps
- Stress tolerance
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Basic understanding of computer terminology, end-user computer devices and network types (including mobile devices)
- Familiarity with incident ticketing processes
- CCNA or CCENT
About our IT team:
We’re growing at a faster pace than we ever have before, investing heavily in cutting-edge technology and, more importantly, our people.Our PetSmart IT team isn’t just its own department, they are valued business partners to every area of our company. At every level, our IT associates are empowered to come up with innovative ideas that have strategic impacts to the business. You’ll take pride in the work that you do and the “why” behind it all—for the love of pets.
Why you’ll love it here:
Our home office offers outstanding amenities in a fun and rewarding workplace including:
- Pet-friendly environment, bring your pets to work!
- A work-life balance and family events such as movie nights, art events and holiday festivals
- “Top Dog” gym with equipment, fitness classes, massage therapists and personal trainers
- “Sit & Stay” Café serving fresh breakfast and lunch options
- Starbucks cart—productivity at its finest!
- “Lil’ Paws” learning center and onsite childcare facility
- Volunteer events with PetSmart Charities