Art Director, Digital CreativeLocation Phoenix, Arizona ID CE-18-6353 Apply Now
The Art Director (Digital) oversees and manages the out-of-store team, consisting of 4-5 graphic designers. Reports to Director, Digital Creative.Responsible for leading and creating inventive and best-in-class interactive and brand experiences across PetSmart’s website, email, social media & app. This person will lead the creative process, taking design from idea to concept, from production to launch, ensuring quality, consistency and on-time delivery. Candidate must be able to demonstrate leadership in developing brand stories, understand how to design to an established brand architecture and guide their team to deliver excellent work. The role requires clear articulation of consumer-focused creative and the ability to communicate concepts and executions effectively to various cross-functional partners.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides creative input to influence the development of strategies and objectives.
- Provides design direction and guidance to team. Inspires, motivates and coaches team members to reach their fullest potential.
- Ensures brand strategy objectives are consistently executed across all creative materials.
- Manages multiple internal and external projects to meet established schedules, while ensuring quality standards are met.
- Works from a brief with copywriters or additional members of the creative team.
- Creates a team environment that encourages open discussion and agile collaborative teamwork. Fosters an engaging work environment, solves problems to remove roadblocks for the team and leads initiatives with effectiveness.
- Creates engaging and thoughtful presentations. Clearly articulates creative ideas and influences cross-functional teams toward new and exciting ideas.
- Thinks on one’s feet, shares ideas in meetings and thrives in a collaborative, corporate environment with a professional and positive attitude.
- Possesses a high degree of ownership and initiative with the ability to focus on details as well as the big picture.
- Stays current on social, cultural, global and consumer trends, understanding their potential impact to the business.
- Strong problem-solving and high-level conceptual skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Motivated, flexible, detail-oriented, with strong organizational and team skills.
- Strong photography art direction; experience on-set.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Brand identity, web/mobile user interface and interaction design experience.
- Basic knowledge with UX, responsive design and information architecture a plus.
- Basic understanding of technical constraints of web, browsers & devices.
- Technical knowledge of file preparation and procedures.
- Fluent in Adobe CC (In-Design, Photoshop, Illustrator).
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- 8+ years of relevant experience.
- 2+ years of experience in supervisory role.
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or equivalent education and experience.