We're growing at a faster pace than we ever have before, investing heavily in cutting-edge technology and, more importantly, our people. Our PetSmart IT team isn't just its own department; they are valued business partners to every area of our company. At every level, our IT associates are empowered to come up with the innovative ideas that have strategic impacts on the business. You'll take pride in the work that you do and the "why" behind it all - for the love of pets.
Life at PetSmart: Meet Mike!
Life at PetSmart: Phoenix
Life at Petsmart: My 3 words
It’s an exciting time in technology, and that buzz is felt throughout PetSmart! We are continuing to grow at a faster pace and we want to continue to provide best-in-class experiences for pets and pet parents. Our IT team has 4 different departments: Our IT team has 4 different departments: Information Security, IT Service Delivery, Business Enabling Systems, and IT Commerce & Customer Engagement.
Whether it’s online or in our stores, the work that the IT team does is instrumental in PetSmart’s success. We have a strategic and actionable plan underway and are looking for associates who are just as excited about it as we are.
About the Job:
Analysts on the Product Services IT Operations team support and assist with the implementation of application solutions on multiple technology stacks across the retail product lifecycle. Supported business functions include planning, replenishment, merchandising, pricing, promotion, and supply chain execution.
- Responds in a timely manner to production support calls and independently handles moderately complex issues. Seeks to identify and resolve root cause problems.
- Independently performs ongoing application monitoring and identifies and escalates issues appropriately. Proactively resolves moderately complex problems.
- Develops, utilizes, and enhances technical documentation, knowledge bases, and DR plans.
- Works with vendors to resolve issues as needed. Participates in vendor case reviews; supplies logs, information, and facts needed to support vendor resolution of issues.
Analysis / Development:
- Contributes to the design of technical solutions to meet business needs for small to medium sized projects, considering capabilities, risks, and system dependencies.
- Ensures technical requirements are captured from other IS teams and identifies gaps between technical design and system/application capabilities for small to medium sized projects.
- Develops moderately complex custom objects (queries, scripts, etc.) to meet business needs.
- Recommends and/or develops solutions to increase operational efficiencies, including utilization of automation, proactive monitoring scripts, process changes to reduce support tickets, etc.
- Works with application vendors ensuring their deliverables meet established standards.
- Installs application software and completes moderately complex configuration changes conforming with company standards. Creates change controls with appropriate implementation, test, and rollback plans.
- Performs data load and extraction activities to support testing or business needs, often across varying application platforms.
- Defines, creates, and executes accurate system and unit test scripts for moderately complex projects and software releases.
Required Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other relevant field.
- Minimum 3-5 years of enterprise application/system support or other relevant technical experience.
- Technical experience supporting production systems and applications, preferably one or more from the retail product lifecycle (demand, replenishment, inventory, merchandising, pricing/promotions).
- Extremely solid analytic and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Possesses a strong work ethic and positive attitude; positively impacts the morale of his/her team.
- Solid understanding of SQL query language.
- Experience with SAP ECC Retail MM and SD modules (inventory, sales, pricing).
- Experience implementing or supporting retail pricing, promotion, or merchandising systems.
- Some experience debugging SAP ABAP programs is a plus.
- Experience implementing and/or supporting one or more applications from JDA Software (Intactix (IKB/CKB), Enterprise Planning (EP), etc.) is a plus.
- Some programming or scripting experience (any language) is a plus.
About the Culture:
Our home office offers outstanding amenities in a fun and rewarding workplace including:
- Pet friendly environment, bring your pets to work!
- A work-life balance and family events such as movie nights, art events and holiday festivals
- “Top Dog” gym with equipment, fitness classes, massage therapists and personal trainers
- “Sit & Stay” Café serving fresh breakfast and lunch options
- Starbucks cart—productivity at its finest!
- “Lil’ Paws” learning center and onsite daycare facility
- Volunteer events with PetSmart Charities
Pets keep us young and engaged in so many ways. So helping pet parents get what they need for their pets in the digital age is why I love my job. Even when work gets crazy, everywhere you look, there is a dog or cat who's ready to play. It's the perfect stress relief.Marc
Senior QA Analyst
WHY WORK WITH US?
We are the largest pet specialty retailer with no plans to slow down. We enjoy being top dog and we are constantly evolving with our customers. Oh, and we have puppies and kittens and fish and turtles and hamsters — whichever pet makes you smile, you’ll see them here at our home office!
WHY PETSMART IT?
Technology is ever-changing and our teams need to be able to grow and change just as quickly. That’s why we’ve created a Continuous Associate Transformation (CAT!) Program specifically for the IT team. Whether you want to grow your career by learning new skills or gain leadership experience, PetSmart provides an engaging environment and an actionable plan to support your growth.
We’re growing at a faster pace than ever before. We are building, automating, simplifying, and innovating technology that impacts millions of pets and pet parents. The best part? We don’t have to wait months or years to see changes. We are implementing change RIGHT NOW and it motivates us to keep going.
Seriously, why not? We can’t think of a reason why you wouldn’t love it here. What are you waiting for?!
Benefits / Perks
Medical, Dental, Vision
Performance Bonus, 401k Match, Deferred Compensation
Paid Time off:
Tuition Reimbursement, Professional Development, Online Learning
Dog Park, Fitness Center, Cafe
Onsite Childcare, Wellness Programs, Adoption Assistance
Financial Planning, Legal Assistance, Disaster Relief
Associate Discount, Relocation Assistance, Family Events
We value the diversity in knowledge, experience, and education that our candidates bring to PetSmart. However, those aren’t the only things that make our teams successful. Take a look at just a few of the traits we look for when hiring new associates.