Application Analyst - Kronos
We're growing at a faster pace than we ever have before, investing heavily in cutting-edge technology and, more importantly, our people. Our PetSmart IT team isn't just its own department; they are valued business partners to every area of our company. At every level, our IT associates are empowered to come up with the innovative ideas that have strategic impacts on the business. You'll take pride in the work that you do and the "why" behind it all - for the love of pets.
Life at PetSmart: Meet Mike!
Life at PetSmart: Phoenix
Life at Petsmart: My 3 words
It’s an exciting time in technology, and that buzz is felt throughout PetSmart! We are continuing to grow at a faster pace and we want to continue to provide best-in-class experiences for pets and pet parents. Our IT team has 4 different departments: Information Security, IT Service Delivery, Business Enabling Systems, and IT Commerce & Customer Engagement.
Whether it’s online or in our stores, the work that the IT team does is instrumental in PetSmart’s success. We have a strategic and actionable plan underway and are looking for associates who are just as excited about it as we are.
About the Job:
This position leads, manages and executes entire lifecycle of a product line from strategic planning to tactical activities. In this position, you will identify, define, analyze, prioritize, test, implement and refine the technology platform requirements, and work with cross-functional IT and business teams to deliver the final product. The role will work directly with our various internal and external stakeholders - business partners, IT teams and external vendors - to ensure successful translation of those requirements into solutions.
Your goals and responsibilities will include:
- Support the creation of business requirements and functional design specifications. Identify gaps between business requirements and application capabilities and recommend options.
- Actively engages vendors and Operations team in delivering business requirements, technical requirements and testing for the implemented functionalities. Work closely with the business throughout the project to ensure solution meets business needs.
- Understands the business operations in detail; knowledgeable of current and possible future practices, trends, and information affecting multiple business functions and aspects of how they relate to other areas.
- Ensures the appropriate IT teams are engaged in the solution so all affected systems are included. Influences technical solution. Identifies gaps between technical solution/application capabilities/business requests, and negotiates a resolution.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of supported applications and their roadmaps.
- Guide vendor partners to ensure deliverables are high quality, on time, and meet the business needs. Ensure that proposed system changes are supported by the application vendor. Evaluate, coordinate and/or apply configuration and integration changes to 3rd party applications to meet requirements.
- Ability to engage business and extract requirements that may or may not be stated directly. Ability to resolve issues quickly and accept responsibility for the resolution.
- Support creation and implementation of the quality assurance strategy, approach, and detailed plan. Create and execute test plans, cases, and scripts; establish and manage acceptance criteria, identifies defects and works to a resolution with developers and business teams.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s degree - Math, Science, Computer Science, or Business preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in analyzing, designing, configuring and implementing complex applications and integrating vendor packages; played a significant role in leading or managing medium to large projects.
- Minimum 3-5 years hands-on technical experience managing and administering enterprise Kronos implementations (experience with version 8.x preferred).
- Very strong analysis/troubleshooting skills, strong partnering/relationship building skills
- Strong SQL and data-mapping skillset
- Strong understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle
- Experience with business modeling and requirements management tools, as well as knowledge of project management and application implementation methodologies
- Experience working on projects involving the implementation of 3rd party software solutions
- Experience for managing vendors to deliver components of projects
- Experience managing and administering Reflexis preferred
- Understanding of APIs and modern technology architecture preferred
- Previous background in retail preferred
About the Culture:
Our home office offers outstanding amenities in a fun and rewarding workplace including:
- Pet friendly environment, bring your pets to work!
- A work-life balance and family events such as movie nights, art events and holiday festivals
- “Top Dog” gym with equipment, fitness classes, massage therapists and personal trainers
- “Sit & Stay” Café serving fresh breakfast and lunch options
- Starbucks cart—productivity at its finest!
- “Lil’ Paws” learning center and onsite daycare facility
- Volunteer events with PetSmart Charities
Pets keep us young and engaged in so many ways. So helping pet parents get what they need for their pets in the digital age is why I love my job. Even when work gets crazy, everywhere you look, there is a dog or cat who's ready to play. It's the perfect stress relief.Marc
Senior QA Analyst
WHY WORK WITH US?
We are the largest pet specialty retailer with no plans to slow down. We enjoy being top dog and we are constantly evolving with our customers. Oh, and we have puppies and kittens and fish and turtles and hamsters — whichever pet makes you smile, you’ll see them here at our home office!
WHY PETSMART IT?
Technology is ever-changing and our teams need to be able to grow and change just as quickly. That’s why we’ve created a Continuous Associate Transformation (CAT!) Program specifically for the IT team. Whether you want to grow your career by learning new skills or gain leadership experience, PetSmart provides an engaging environment and an actionable plan to support your growth.
We’re growing at a faster pace than ever before. We are building, automating, simplifying, and innovating technology that impacts millions of pets and pet parents. The best part? We don’t have to wait months or years to see changes. We are implementing change RIGHT NOW and it motivates us to keep going.
Seriously, why not? We can’t think of a reason why you wouldn’t love it here. What are you waiting for?!
Benefits / Perks
Medical, Dental, Vision
Performance Bonus, 401k Match, Deferred Compensation
Paid Time off:
Tuition Reimbursement, Professional Development, Online Learning
Dog Park, Fitness Center, Cafe
Onsite Childcare, Wellness Programs, Adoption Assistance
Financial Planning, Legal Assistance, Disaster Relief
Associate Discount, Relocation Assistance, Family Events
We value the diversity in knowledge, experience, and education that our candidates bring to PetSmart. However, those aren’t the only things that make our teams successful. Take a look at just a few of the traits we look for when hiring new associates.