Administrative Assistant - Merchandise Planning & Allocation DepartmentLocation Phoenix, Arizona ID 2020-1922 Apply Now
Our Merchandise Planning and Allocation (MP&A) teams are the driving forces behind making the organization’s product visions available to our consumers through calculated and strategic measures. Your involvement in sales and margin forecasts, promotional performance analysis, inventory management, and vendor relationships will play a critical role in obtaining goals while maintaining PetSmart’s reputation in the market as a trusted partner to pet parents.
About the Job:
Administrative Assistant - Merchandise Planning & Allocation Department
Perform administrative duties for executive management and department.
Responsibilities include (but is not limited to):
- Manage calendars, plan, coordinate, and prepare for meetings and events, including catering when needed.
- Coordinate travel plans for leaders in department
- Manage different and often conflicting schedules, projects or activities, have ad hoc project experience, and the ability to do departmental research
- Process new hires & terminations in their area, including computers, phones, updating floor maps & other necessary administrative paperwork
- Acts as a resource to all staff in the Finance department which includes ordering supplies, routing incoming calls to appropriate people and departments, and coordinating department activities
- Train and assist other support staff/admin assistants as needed
- Manage administrative projects and general oversight of administration and coordination of the department
- Quarterly Business Review preparation assistance
- Assist with Long Range Planning, OG&A, and Operating Expense Review meetings
- Earnings Release support as needed
- Make travel arrangements for senior executives
- P-Card Management and reporting
- Assist Director and Managers within assigned department as needed.
- Receive and direct visitors
- Maintains supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies
- Create PowerPoint presentations
Education / Experience
- Associate Degree preferred by not required
- 2-3 years of experience supporting a senior executive in a large company
- Financial background preferred.
- This person must be high energy, very detail-oriented, a self-starter, maintain confidentiality, have the ability to manage projects, and work with minimal supervision. This person must have excellent interpersonal skills, demonstrated problem solving, prioritization and organizational experience
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong MS Office skills required with an emphasis on PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel, Word, and Visio. Retail operational experience is a plus along with support in a multi-departmental capacity
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, with excellent organizational skills
- Must possess a “can-do” attitude with the ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as outside clients and vendors
About the Culture:
Our home office offers outstanding amenities in a fun and rewarding workplace including:
- Pet friendly environment, bring your pets to work!
- A work-life balance and family events such as movie nights, art events and holiday festivals
- “Top Dog” gym with equipment, fitness classes, massage therapists and personal trainers
- “Sit & Stay” Café serving fresh breakfast and lunch options
- Starbucks cart—productivity at its finest!
- “Lil’ Paws” learning center and onsite daycare facility
- Volunteer events with PetSmart Charities