Industrial EngineerLocation Newnan, Georgia ID 2019-1831 Apply Now
Our distribution centers are home to a dedicated team of associates, all working toward the same purpose: delivering our innovative products and solutions to pet parents across the country. Whatever role you choose within the distribution team, you’ll also discover fulfilling ways to achieve your goals. From the resources you need to grow your career to a fun, fast-paced work environment, we offer the whole package – and then some.
About the Job:
This job is responsible for Distribution's continuous improvement, operational excellence and the labor management program and acts as a subject matter expert for the building. The role focuses on conducting time studies, monitoring, validating and updating labor standards and supporting consistent process. The incumbent supports network projects and helps manage DC level or small network projects. This role influences across multiple levels of the organization to gain support for projects, initiatives, etc.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Completes time studies to support ongoing standards validation and standards creation.
- Acts as a subject matter expert for labor management program within the building.
- Completes LM System configuration as required.
- Partners with DC Operations to identify opportunities and make recommendations to improve process, technology, and systems to drive improvements for the network.
- Runs network reports, as needed, and helps develop ad-hoc reports to support business execution.
- Partners with DC teams to reinforce consistent process execution.
- Supports network projects as needed. Helps manage DC level or small network projects and leads execution of projects at the DC, as needed.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Requires knowledge normally obtained through bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering or related field.
- Requires proficiency typically obtained with 1-3 years’ experience in relevant or related position in engineering support or operations improvement in a retail, manufacturing or comparable environment
- Proficiency in SQL; Experience with Lean, Six Sigma, or other process improvement methodology
- Experience conducting time studies and development of engineered labor standards;
- Experience with Warehouse and labor management systems