DC General ManagerLocation Newnan, Georgia ID 2020-1870 Apply Now
Our distribution centers are home to a dedicated team of associates, all working toward the same purpose: delivering our innovative products and solutions to pet parents across the country. Whatever role you choose within the distribution team, you’ll also discover fulfilling ways to achieve your goals. From the resources you need to grow your career to a fun, fast-paced work environment, we offer the whole package – and then some.
About the Job:
- Provide strategic direction for the Distribution Center.
- Direct productivity goals, inventory control, and housekeeping.
- Develops plans for cost reduction, process improvement, scheduling enhancement, and labor hours reduction.
- Commitment to business goals. Emphasize the need to deliver quality products and service.
TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT
- Provide ongoing training, coaching, guidance, and instruction for Distribution Center Leaders.
- Communicate required policy revisions, company updates, and process revisions in a professional manner.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Upholds, supports, and maintains company safety standards at all times.
- Counsel managers, supervisors and associates violating safety policies.
- Ensure warehouse is clean, neat, and free of safety hazards.
- Handles potential safety violations/hazards to ensure compliance with OSHA standards.
- Special projects as assigned by Regional Director and Home Office.
- Creates performance appraisals on direct reports and evaluates the performance appraisals conducted on associates and management in the dc for consistency
QUALIFICATIONS Include, but are not limited to the following:
- Possesses 7+ years relevant work experience, which includes at least 3 years of experience managing teams or projects.
- Knowledge of distribution in shipping, receiving, order filling, and inventory control.
- Advanced EXE experience desired.
- Requires strong planning, organizing and interpersonal communication skills.
Bachelor’s degree in related field is required Master’s Degree is helpful
About the Culture:
Whatever role you choose within the distribution team, you’ll also discover fulfilling ways to achieve your goals. From the resources you need to grow your career to a fun, fast-paced work environment, we offer the whole package – and then some.